Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Tea for a large group of people?

I want to start a project and company that serves English tea to the
masses, without the need of tea bags.

http://mistertea.co.uk/

I am thinking urns are the way to go, but people have put me off by
saying the tea gets stewed and the urns are difficult to maintain.

After searching around the Internet, I was wondering if you at
rec.food.drink.tea have
any pointers in my quest.

There must be a machine or method that those big popular Ice Tea
canned beverage companies utilise...

Kind regards,

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 24, 11:21 am, Kai Hendry > wrote:
> After searching around the Internet, I was wondering if you at
> rec.food.drink.tea have
> any pointers in my quest.

Yeah, no.

Kind regards,
- Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 24, 11:21 pm, Kai Hendry > wrote:
> I want to start a project and company that serves English tea to the
> masses, without the need of tea bags.
>
> http://mistertea.co.uk/
>
> I am thinking urns are the way to go, but people have put me off by
> saying the tea gets stewed and the urns are difficult to maintain.
>
> After searching around the Internet, I was wondering if you at
> rec.food.drink.tea have
> any pointers in my quest.
>
> There must be a machine or method that those big popular Ice Tea
> canned beverage companies utilise...
>
> Kind regards,

What might you be trying to achieve?

What I think I mean is - what aspect of teabag brewing do you wish to
improve upon?

I'd imagine you want this thing to be portable?

MarshalN
http://www.xanga.com/MarshalN

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

MarshalN > writes:

> On Jul 24, 11:21 pm, Kai Hendry > wrote:
> > I want to start a project and company that serves English tea to the
> > masses, without the need of tea bags.
> >
> > http://mistertea.co.uk/
> >
> > I am thinking urns are the way to go, but people have put me off by
> > saying the tea gets stewed and the urns are difficult to maintain.
> >
> > After searching around the Internet, I was wondering if you at
> > rec.food.drink.tea have
> > any pointers in my quest.
> >
> > There must be a machine or method that those big popular Ice Tea
> > canned beverage companies utilise...
> >
> > Kind regards,

> What might you be trying to achieve?
>
> What I think I mean is - what aspect of teabag brewing do you wish to
> improve upon?

At the risk of putting words in the original poster's mouth, I think
it's the taste. He does use the word "stale".

> I'd imagine you want this thing to be portable?

Judging by the OP's website, I doubt this: he talks about a "shop" or
"stall".

For the OP's stated goal, making good English "builder's tea", a
samovar might be ideal. At least it affords the excuse to read the
wonderful Russian tea HOWTO:

http://home.fazekas.hu/~nagydani/rth...-HOWTO-v2.html

But why not also take the opportunity to offer Indian railway chai in
the same shop/stall? In London you should get a lot of customers for
that, I'd think.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 24, 11:09 pm, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> But why not also take the opportunity to offer Indian railway chai in
> the same shop/stall? In London you should get a lot of customers for
> that, I'd think.

I guess in order to serve it with style youŽd need one of those glitzy
buckets the railway chai wallahs lug around.
Could be somewhat harder to come by than a samowar.
Not to mention years of hard practice to pronounce the word "chai"
railway wallah style: "chiAAAAIIIIII"

Karsten [Eastfrisean blend in tazza]

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Yes I would like it portable enough to be attached/built a on trailer
behind my push bike.

Since I live in East London, I envisioned selling tea around the
square mile or perhaps closer to home in Brick Lane area to see how
well it goes down.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I have perused the Russian Tea howto, thank you.

As for Indian Chai. My aim is to "Bring back Tea to Britain". In
another words, I want to focus on traditional English tea. Not other
foreign types.

I do very much like Indian Chai. I've traveled India extensively,
though I do find it a bit sweet. However for a treat once in a while,
it is most enjoyable.