Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default gravity water purifier

thought it might be of interest in the group: http://www.tributetea.com/accessories_filter.asp

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 21, 6:56 pm, taopants > wrote:
> thought it might be of interest in the group: http://www.tributetea.com/accessories_filter.asp

I like a reverse osmosis filter, then I add back trace minerals.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Yes these are very popular down under (I thought they would be in the US as
well).

They come in a number of varieties here, so I thought you might value these
observations based on our experience with various types:

The steel as in the picture will rust/corrode eventually around the top edge
(I suppose this would depend on what's in the water to some extent). Didn't
look nice in the kitchen - outside always looked grubby despite attempts to
keep it clean. RRP about A$120

Terracotta - as this is porous it kept the water very cool. Over time (a
couple of years) the outside surface corroded. Due to the two piece
construction it was very awkward to clean. It was very heavy. RRP A$199

Our current model is fully glazed ceramic (inside and out) - easy to clean
and doesn't (hasn't yet) corroded or pitted.
Our model just has the single filter. It contains 8 litres and the filters
last about 4 months (depending on how crappy your water is) and cost A$20 to
replace. This is a one piece model - there is a heavy duty plastic insert
that holds the filter and unfiltered water inside. Is easy to remove and
clean. My wife and I have not yet detected any 'plastic' taste in the
filtered water. And if my wife drinks it, you can trust me there is no
plastic or other unwanted tastes/smells ;-) RRP A$108

Just my 2c worth.
Cheers
Mal
Oz

"taopants" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> thought it might be of interest in the group:
> http://www.tributetea.com/accessories_filter.asp

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Dee Dee is offline

Danica > wrote in
oups.com:

> On Jul 21, 6:56 pm, taopants > wrote:
>> thought it might be of interest in the group:
>> http://www.tributetea.com/accessories_filter.asp

> I like a reverse osmosis filter, then I add back trace minerals.

What do you use to add the minerals?

Dee