Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Reviving this place

It seems like more than anything, spam has killed it.

Is there a way to keep spam out?

MarshalN
http://www.xanga.com/MarshalN

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> It seems like more than anything, spam has killed it.
>
> Is there a way to keep spam out?
>
> MarshalNhttp://www.xanga.com/MarshalN

I dont think so, not unless we changed it to a "moderated" group, and
that has equally disturbing consequences. The damn porn spam is the
worst, we can deal with the tea spam well enough, but it is useless to
to try to admonish the pornsters.

I think the slow down is also normal during the summer months as
people are out doing things more. I suspect that come Fall things will
liven up again.

Mike
www.pu-erh.net
(coming back to life again)

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 18, 10:36 pm, MarshalN > wrote:
> It seems like more than anything, spam has killed it.
>
> Is there a way to keep spam out?
>
> MarshalNhttp://www.xanga.com/MarshalN

I'm a little sad that it's in decline too. I don't think there's any
way to block spam on Google Groups, but newsreaders can be easily
configured. Maybe we should all just post more?

Alex

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

A sales pitch is a sales pitch. There's not too much you can do if
somebody thinks they can make a buck through a bait and switch post
which I think is the most insidious. I think things are slow. I hope
it all hasn't been said. My current frame of mind is to respond to
others.

Jim

Alex wrote:
> On Jul 18, 10:36 pm, MarshalN > wrote:
> > It seems like more than anything, spam has killed it.
> >
> > Is there a way to keep spam out?
> >
> > MarshalNhttp://www.xanga.com/MarshalN

> I'm a little sad that it's in decline too. I don't think there's any
> way to block spam on Google Groups, but newsreaders can be easily
> configured. Maybe we should all just post more?
>
> Alex

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 18, 10:36 pm, MarshalN > wrote:
> It seems like more than anything, spam has killed it.
>
> Is there a way to keep spam out?
>
> MarshalNhttp://www.xanga.com/MarshalN

We probably cannot deter the spam but you could paste in some articles
from your blog to fill the place out a bit. I rarely miss checking
them out.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 18, 10:36 pm, MarshalN > wrote:
> It seems like more than anything, spam has killed it.
>
> Is there a way to keep spam out?
>
> MarshalNhttp://www.xanga.com/MarshalN

I've been busy at work with some really large projects, so tea talk
time is low for me. Summer is always a bit slow, but this is very slow
lately.

I think there are interesting conversations to have that haven't been
hashed and rehashed to death. I always try to pop in with a less
serious post every now and then to encourage everyone to chime in.

- Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

FWIW, the recent deluge of porn spam has had no impact on my enjoyment
of this group. I don't post often, but I read just about every day. I
agree that things generally slow down in the summer months (northern
hemisphere). I recently sailed from NY to Southampton on the QM2 and
then toured around the UK for two weeks, and keep meaning to write
about my experiences as they relate to tea. Suffice it to say that we
here in America should be ashamed at what we try to pass off as a good
cup of tea in restaurants. The Masters of the Universe were spot-on in
their song "T.U.S.A".
http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.n...256A49005321B6

Alan

Dominic T. wrote:
> On Jul 18, 10:36 pm, MarshalN > wrote:
> > It seems like more than anything, spam has killed it.
> >
> > Is there a way to keep spam out?
> >
> > MarshalNhttp://www.xanga.com/MarshalN

> I've been busy at work with some really large projects, so tea talk
> time is low for me. Summer is always a bit slow, but this is very slow
> lately.
>
> I think there are interesting conversations to have that haven't been
> hashed and rehashed to death. I always try to pop in with a less
> serious post every now and then to encourage everyone to chime in.
>
> - Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"Alan" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> FWIW, the recent deluge of porn spam has had no impact on my enjoyment
> of this group. I don't post often, but I read just about every day. I
> agree that things generally slow down in the summer months (northern
> hemisphere). I recently sailed from NY to Southampton on the QM2 and
> then toured around the UK for two weeks, and keep meaning to write
> about my experiences as they relate to tea. Suffice it to say that we
> here in America should be ashamed at what we try to pass off as a good
> cup of tea in restaurants. The Masters of the Universe were spot-on in
> their song "T.U.S.A".
> http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.n...256A49005321B6
>
> Alan

Wow, so someone else has heard of Masters of Reality? I haven't listened to
them for a long time. Maybe because I have it on cassete tape. Most of my
cassete players are no longer working.

Blues

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"beecrofter" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Jul 18, 10:36 pm, MarshalN > wrote:
>> It seems like more than anything, spam has killed it.
>>
>> Is there a way to keep spam out?
>>
>> MarshalNhttp://www.xanga.com/MarshalN

> We probably cannot deter the spam but you could paste in some articles
> from your blog to fill the place out a bit. I rarely miss checking
> them out.

Yeah, me too. I don't know *that* much about tea. I mean all the facts,
etc. Been drinking tea forever, all different "brands" and some different
kinds. But some of the ones you mention, I have to search for. So,
articles are always good for me. Thanks.

ladyredlight