Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Any comment on the tea site ?

Hi all,

I am new to try Chinese tea last week. My friend brewed a pot of Chinese
tea for me, it was good in taste. I found this web site on the tea
packaging. Can anyone give me some comment on this site ?

http://www.teatime.com.hk

Thanks

Suie

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

can't say I can

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Not sure what's going on here, spammer or brave hearted newbie, but they
have a 180ml yixing pot for HK$23. At my exchange rate at the moment thats
only AU$3.50 ! With postage that's less than AU$20 landed.

Probably mass produced - but hey if it makes tea.

They also have some reasonable looking clay caddies for less than AU$10 too.

BTW....Mr Tea Time, if you are genuinely new here and wish to learn and
share then, welcome. But I suggest you better have a look at the RFDT
archive and find out what the 'game play' is here. If you are simply
spamming then I wish you all the best of luck - you're gonna need it !
--
Cheers
Mal
"Zippy P" > wrote in message
t...
> can't say I can

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war?

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 30, 10:45 pm, "Suie" > wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to try Chinese tea last week. My friend brewed a pot of Chinese
> tea for me, it was good in taste. I found this web site on the tea
> packaging. Can anyone give me some comment on this site ?
>
> http://www.teatime.com.hk
>
> Thanks
>
> Suie

Sure. You've got your usual high prices to try and cheat foreigners
thing going on with your site. It's nothing new. But, I don't know
when you ****ers will ever learn that some of the people on this NG
have greater knowledge about tea than you do. I mean like 60 bucks
for some Jasmine tea? You are surely joking or are you just that
plain stupid?

I am sure you didn't mean HK dollars on your site, am I right? Time
to update your template.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

these people wouldn't be the first site using local currency to sell their
wares. And knowing what is (was) in the shops in HK - looks like this site
is more in line with what would sell locally rather than to the more well
informed tea fanatics.

....doesn't make spamming right though..

Cheers
Mal
Oz

"Mydnight" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Jun 30, 10:45 pm, "Suie" > wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am new to try Chinese tea last week. My friend brewed a pot of Chinese
>> tea for me, it was good in taste. I found this web site on the tea
>> packaging. Can anyone give me some comment on this site ?
>>
>> http://www.teatime.com.hk
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Suie

> Sure. You've got your usual high prices to try and cheat foreigners
> thing going on with your site. It's nothing new. But, I don't know
> when you ****ers will ever learn that some of the people on this NG
> have greater knowledge about tea than you do. I mean like 60 bucks
> for some Jasmine tea? You are surely joking or are you just that
> plain stupid?
>
> I am sure you didn't mean HK dollars on your site, am I right? Time
> to update your template.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 2, 3:38 pm, "Mal from Oz" > wrote:
> these people wouldn't be the first site using local currency to sell their
> wares. And knowing what is (was) in the shops in HK - looks like this site
> is more in line with what would sell locally rather than to the more well
> informed tea fanatics.

If it is HK dollars, which I doubt it is, it would be undercutting any
market price known to tea. Either that or their stuff is so low
quality that it would be laughable.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> The prices are roughly the same as I pay here in Europe (converted from HKD
> to EUR). Their site doesn't give too much info on the tea itself but
> neither do my tea shops here so who knows, it might be the same low-grade
> stuff.

I was just going to say if you pay like 3 dollars for Wulong, the
grade would be SUPER low.

> Anyway, they have a version of their website in traditional Chinese
> (presumably for customers in HK?) which lists the same prices in Hong Kong
> Dollars. So it doesn't really seem too far-fetched to me.

Considering most HK residents that are into tea regularily go into SZ
just across the border at Luo Hu to buy "better tea" at lower prices
because the prices in HK for just about everything culture related is
off the scales, it seems really difficult to believe that they would
market such low prices online if they were concerned at all with
making money.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 30, 7:45 am, "Suie" > wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to try Chinese tea last week. My friend brewed a pot of Chinese
> tea for me, it was good in taste. I found this web site on the tea
> packaging. Can anyone give me some comment on this site ?
>
> http://www.teatime.com.hk
>
> Thanks
>
> Suie

Actually, the shipping to the states is quite high. Although these
Yixings seem to be reasonable, there is very little description in
regard to the quality. Some inexpensive Yixings of lesser quality are
available in the states for a little more without paying exorbitant
shipping charges AND, I am assuming this is spam.
Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

The site operated for years in HK, as I know. I also bought some herbal tea
and Chinese tea from it before. There was only traditional chinese version
available last year. But there is not much English tea information as in
Chinese version.

I can't say the tea quality is very high. As you know that price of the
best quality Chinese tea is sky-high, may be more than hundred thousands for
1kg of Tieguanyin.

I think the tea quality they sell is above average, not the same as that you
buy from supermarkets and shops. Its price is low relative to its quality.
Anyway, their service is fast and good to me.

"Suie" > wrote in message ...
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to try Chinese tea last week. My friend brewed a pot of Chinese
> tea for me, it was good in taste. I found this web site on the tea
> packaging. Can anyone give me some comment on this site ?
>
> http://www.teatime.com.hk
>
> Thanks
>

> Suie

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 3, 8:37 am, "Alex" > wrote:
> The site operated for years in HK, as I know. I also bought some herbal tea
> and Chinese tea from it before. There was only traditional chinese version
> available last year. But there is not much English tea information as in
> Chinese version.
>
> I can't say the tea quality is very high. As you know that price of the
> best quality Chinese tea is sky-high, may be more than hundred thousands for
> 1kg of Tieguanyin.
>
> I think the tea quality they sell is above average, not the same as that you
> buy from supermarkets and shops. Its price is low relative to its quality.
> Anyway, their service is fast and good to me.
>
> "Suie" > wrote in ...
> > Hi all,

> > I am new to try Chinese tea last week. My friend brewed a pot of Chinese
> > tea for me, it was good in taste. I found this web site on the tea
> > packaging. Can anyone give me some comment on this site ?

> >http://www.teatime.com.hk

> > Thanks

> > Suie

It is still SPAM though, how hard would it be to just make a decent
post explaining that they have a new English site and sell tea. Does
anyone believe someone in Hong Kong is "New to try Chinese tea last
week." and then post a .hk website?

Just let it drop off into the aether.

- Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

yeah that's the problem I had, and have, with most of the ads here. They're
just lame. "I happened to run across this site called X, let me know what
you think".. um no, you run the site. Just post it straight-up.

I don't mind an ad here and there if it's topical.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Zippy P > wrote:
>yeah that's the problem I had, and have, with most of the ads here. They're
>just lame. "I happened to run across this site called X, let me know what
>you think".. um no, you run the site. Just post it straight-up.
>
>I don't mind an ad here and there if it's topical.

And what can be more topical than "naked girls in the shower?"
--scott
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> And what can be more topical than "naked girls in the shower?"

very, very true

What does this recipe comment mean? JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] Preserving 16 18-09-2009 01:45 AM
Any comment on the tea site ? Mal from Oz Tea 0 01-07-2007 03:54 PM
A Worthy Comment The Ranger[_1_] General Cooking 15 26-03-2007 07:23 AM
St helier - comment? Ric Wine 1 07-12-2006 05:36 AM
Anyone comment? Sheldon General Cooking 24 28-05-2006 04:33 AM