Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default good tea shop in beijing?

I'm passing through the city for a day and am looking for a little
spot to try a few teas and purchase some to add to my supply back
home. Any suggestions for a good shop?

Many thanks!

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 26, 12:30 am, wrote:
> I'm passing through the city for a day and am looking for a little
> spot to try a few teas and purchase some to add to my supply back
> home. Any suggestions for a good shop?
>
> Many thanks!

What area of Beijing will you be in? How much time will you have?

Without that info it's hard to recommend anything...

MarshalN
http://www.xanga.com/MarshalN

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

all major cities in china are full of
tea shops. you can find one in
almost any corner.

first i thought they were tourist
oriented but when i found them
in non touristic places and that
the clerks did not speak a word
of english i concluded that they
were for natives.

i'd say you can find excellent
and cheap teas in any of them. i
myself bought an excellent rolled
wulong that i could not find back
home.

if you don't have much time to walk
around popular streets you can find
ten fu shops on malls and probably
in the airport, which offer good (i
guess) but pricey teas.

for teaware i'd recommend cheap
shops, are perhaps 90% cheaper
than malls.

wi

wrote:
> I'm passing through the city for a day and am looking for a little
> spot to try a few teas and purchase some to add to my supply back
> home. Any suggestions for a good shop?
>
> Many thanks!

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 25, 9:30 am, wrote:
> I'm passing through the city for a day and am looking for a little
> spot to try a few teas and purchase some to add to my supply back
> home. Any suggestions for a good shop?
>
> Many thanks!

Maliandao "Tea" Street
http://www.foreigners.cn/onews.asp?id=245
Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 26, 12:30 am, wrote:
> I'm passing through the city for a day and am looking for a little
> spot to try a few teas and purchase some to add to my supply back
> home. Any suggestions for a good shop?
>
> Many thanks!

I was in the city center last summer touring about. There were
several shops opened there by locals and most had terribly expensive
and low quality teas. In China, the further something gets away from
its source, the worse quality it is. Beijing is filled with bad tea;
if you want better stuff, you have to come south.