Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
-1 -1 is offline

Default steaming milk

Has anyone found a simple hand steamer that could be used to steam milk
quickly for lattes?

I'm looking to speed up the process of making some of my favorites drinks
and want to eliminate the boiling milk in pots or using expresso machines
with the steam nozzle.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 17, 7:09 pm, "-1" > wrote:
> Has anyone found a simple hand steamer that could be used to steam milk
> quickly for lattes?
>
> I'm looking to speed up the process of making some of my favorites drinks
> and want to eliminate the boiling milk in pots or using expresso machines
> with the steam nozzle.

This is a tea group.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
-1 -1 is offline

> This is a tea group.

Last I checked, chai lattes are steamed milk and tea bags

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

This group has never come up with an answer. The only thing I see is
the ugly bulky expresso maker with the steam nozzle. I don't know why
you couldn't find something simple for the stove. I expect to find
something in the antique stores but no luck. I remember the barbers
use to steam towels from some contraption. My guess would be a
medical supply catalogue. Whatever it is, it isn't a consumer item.

Jim

-1 wrote:
> Has anyone found a simple hand steamer that could be used to steam milk
> quickly for lattes?
>
> I'm looking to speed up the process of making some of my favorites drinks
> and want to eliminate the boiling milk in pots or using expresso machines
> with the steam nozzle.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 18, 4:09 am, "-1" > wrote:
> Has anyone found a simple hand steamer that could be used to steam milk
> quickly for lattes?
>
> I'm looking to speed up the process of making some of my favorites drinks
> and want to eliminate the boiling milk in pots or using expresso machines
> with the steam nozzle.

Whenever I need some real steam [mostly for bending thermoplasts and
wood] I connect a silicon tube to the regulator valve on one of my
cheap indian pressure cookers. Itīs pretty makeshift but provides lots
of nice hot steam.
http://bombaylimited.com/Akshaya-Alu...er-16137.html#

Karsten

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 18, 8:54 pm, wrote:
> On Jun 18, 4:09 am, "-1" > wrote:
>
> > Has anyone found a simple hand steamer that could be used to steam milk
> > quickly for lattes?

> > I'm looking to speed up the process of making some of my favorites drinks
> > and want to eliminate the boiling milk in pots or using expresso machines
> > with the steam nozzle.

> Whenever I need some real steam [mostly for bending thermoplasts and
> wood] I connect a silicon tube to the regulator valve on one of my
> cheap indian pressure cookers. Itīs pretty makeshift but provides lots
> of nice hot steam.http://bombaylimited.com/Akshaya-Alu...er-16137.html#
>
> Karsten

Bodum makes a simple hand steamer that works with either AA or AAA
batteries. Also, check out www.aerolatte.com for the same tool,
different brand. My friend uses and vouches for both--

Good steaming,
M.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 17, 8:44 pm, "-1" > wrote:
> > This is a tea group.

> Last I checked, chai lattes are steamed milk and tea bags

Latte is a Franco/Italian term for steamed milk in coffee. Having
lived in India for quite a while, chai is spiced tea (many recipes)
cooked with milk.
Most Indians I know do not use tea bags. They use cheap bulk tea and
add a combination of spices.
For latte, that is coffee with steamed milk, Salton makes a cheap
steamer that works well.
Chai is chai.
I have moved to the land of crankidom.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 18, 7:23 am, mgford25 > wrote:
> On Jun 18, 8:54 pm, wrote:
>
> > On Jun 18, 4:09 am, "-1" > wrote:

> > > Has anyone found a simple hand steamer that could be used to steam milk
> > > quickly for lattes?

> > > I'm looking to speed up the process of making some of my favorites drinks
> > > and want to eliminate the boiling milk in pots or using expresso machines
> > > with the steam nozzle.

> > Whenever I need some real steam [mostly for bending thermoplasts and
> > wood] I connect a silicon tube to the regulator valve on one of my
> > cheap indian pressure cookers. Itīs pretty makeshift but provides lots
> > of nice hot steam.http://bombaylimited.com/Akshaya-Alu...er-16137.html#

> > Karsten

> Bodum makes a simple hand steamer that works with either AA or AAA
> batteries. Also, check outwww.aerolatte.comfor the same tool,
> different brand. My friend uses and vouches for both--
>
> Good steaming,
> M.

Ikea has this gizmo for $4.00.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I can't tell what the gizmo does. That looks like a heating element
on the end to me. The steam we're talking about is turning water to
super heated vapor and using those calories to heat the milk or
whatever.

Jim