Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default 3 seconds till tea

I just caught this article and figured I'd sha
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...nds/article.do

I have no idea if this really works as stated, but it is made by a
reputable company.

- Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"Dominic T." wrote:
> http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ls/Kettle+that
> +will+give+you+a+cuppa+in+just+three+seconds/article.do

A video can be seen he
http://www.currys.co.uk/product.php?...amp_id=froogle
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"Dominic T." > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I just caught this article and figured I'd sha
> http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...nds/article.do
>
> I have no idea if this really works as stated, but it is made by a
> reputable company.
>
> - Dominic

I'd want to know how the coiled water tube would be descaled before I'd buy
it. And if the water isn't boiling when it comes out that can make for an
insipid cup of red tea.

Melinda

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> insipid cup of red tea.
>
> Melinda

ooo 'red' tea is it? how cognoscente of you.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

doubtful all 220 ml are ready in 3 seconds. It probably begins to dribble
out in 3 seconds and may take another 10+ for the rest to come.

The Brits have cute expressions don't they? "Cuppa".. "nip in" .. "touch
and go"

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 15, 5:57 pm, "Melinda" > wrote:
> "Dominic T." > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> >I just caught this article and figured I'd sha
> >http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ails/Kettle+th...

> > I have no idea if this really works as stated, but it is made by a
> > reputable company.

> > - Dominic

> I'd want to know how the coiled water tube would be descaled before I'd buy
> it. And if the water isn't boiling when it comes out that can make for an
> insipid cup of red tea.
>
> Melinda

Just from the few things I've seen (thanks for the video link) it
appears that the filter would reduce any sort of scaling, and since it
can dispense cold water you could run some cleaning agent through it
(vinegar, bleach... I have no idea how to clean

I seriously doubt that water can be heated to boiling in 3 seconds,
but who knows... I'd be interested to hear the verdict once it is
released. It could just be a cheesy ploy to capitalize on energy
savings/global warming... which I fear will be the Next Big Thing (tm)
Ugh.

It was just a cool tea related link that popped up today, so I figured
I'd share.

- Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

The fastest way I know to boil water is run steam throught it.
Someone gave me an expresso with the steam nozzle. It wasn't
practical but it could make holy water faster than anything else by a
good margin. I didn't look at the links but if it is using some super
heated steam principal in one chamber and dumping it into the cold
water ballast under pressure I wouldn't be surprised at fast times.

Jim

Dominic T. wrote:

> I seriously doubt that water can be heated to boiling in 3 seconds,
> but who knows

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 23:07:22 GMT, "Zippy P" >
wrote:

>The Brits have cute expressions don't they? "Cuppa"..

Hmm, I always thought "Cuppa" was Australian. Somehow I don't like
that word at all. I have some disturbing memory of a dropped jaw and
wide open mouth when that word had just been spoken.

I think there was one of those really stupid looking Aussie hats
involved too.

https://www.proidee.co.uk/pimgs/323/c3/323_c371393d.jpg

Lars
Stockholm