Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default MAC and Chinese characters

Damn, moved my Rosetta Stone text file from Windows to 10.0 and the
characters magically appeared because of built-in character support.
There are some missing ones but not many. You can do the same thing
in Windows but you install the Chinese language pack. I've developed
routines where I don't need Windows Chinese language support. If I
need to see the character I get it from Unihan and now MAC.

Jim

PS I can't get my used MAC to pass me through my QWEST router to the
Internet. I can do some limited pinging with missing packets on the
LAN so still configuration or ethernet card problem.