Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Tea Espresso

Hey have any you tried running tea leaves through an espresso
machine, I tried doing that last night a nd found it very interesting
way to strengthen the flavour of the tea. It brews quick and strong
and then add a little more water and voila . I tried grinding the
leaves and ughh big mistake came out awfully bitter . If somone has
some tips on what teas work best I would like to know.
Thanks
Maurice

www.tea-junction.com

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

magicleaf > writes:

> Hey have any you tried running tea leaves through an espresso
> machine, I tried doing that last night a nd found it very interesting
> way to strengthen the flavour of the tea. It brews quick and strong
> and then add a little more water and voila . I tried grinding the
> leaves and ughh big mistake came out awfully bitter . If somone has
> some tips on what teas work best I would like to know.

This idea has already been commercialized. There are a couple of
places in New York where you can taste the results. A
lightly-oxidized Taiwan oolong I had at Tictactoe on Hester Street was
surprisingly good.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Very interesting indeed. Any idea as to what this does to hte chemical
processes/interactions of the tea? You do realize of course that you
may have created a new item on Starbucks' menu -- maybe a Tazo Grande
Himalaya Tespresso?

On Jun 6, 11:31 am, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> magicleaf > writes:
> > Hey have any you tried running tea leaves through an espresso
> > machine, I tried doing that last night a nd found it very interesting
> > way to strengthen the flavour of the tea. It brews quick and strong
> > and then add a little more water and voila . I tried grinding the
> > leaves and ughh big mistake came out awfully bitter . If somone has
> > some tips on what teas work best I would like to know.

> This idea has already been commercialized. There are a couple of
> places in New York where you can taste the results. A
> lightly-oxidized Taiwan oolong I had at Tictactoe on Hester Street was
> surprisingly good.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 6, 3:44 am, magicleaf > wrote:
> Hey have any you tried running tea leaves through an espresso
> machine, I tried doing that last night a nd found it very interesting
> way to strengthen the flavour of the tea. It brews quick and strong
> and then add a little more water and voila . I tried grinding the
> leaves and ughh big mistake came out awfully bitter . If somone has
> some tips on what teas work best I would like to know.
> Thanks
> Maurice
>
> www.tea-junction.com

I have heard of people using Rooibos, and then actually using the
result as if it were espresso for cappaccinos.

Desirea

http://shop.steepingpot.com

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Yes the Rooibos is called a RED cappacino and with a bit of milk and
honey is delicious. it is very popular in SouthAfrica, actually this
is what gave me the idea to try it with green tea and found it to be
quite nice . As mentioned about the chenical content , I wonder what
happens under pressued 100 C steam .