Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

Default req: tea id

this is a green labeled as "royal kudin"
to me it looks like a bi luo chun
but infused leaf is just young top bud & leafs

taste: medium-high dose of astringency on the tip of the tongue, some
medicinal mixed green vegetal flavor. theres a touch of sweetness in
here

dry: http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?i...dinwhf2ia4.jpg
wet: http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?im...udinwhftb6.jpg
check out the liquor: http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?i...fliquorae3.jpg
the right one is after ~3hours of waiting for me to drink it...

is this green kudin tea?

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> dry:http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?i...dinwhf2ia4.jpg
> wet:http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?im...udinwhftb6.jpg
> check out the liquor:http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?i...fliquorae3.jpg
> the right one is after ~3hours of waiting for me to drink it...
>
> is this green kudin tea?

The dried leaves sorta look like just some typical, countryside green
tea. But the wet stuff kinda looks like one kind of Ku Ding tea
called "qing shan lv shui" (青山绿水). Pretty color, though. You say
it's pretty bitter with powerfully strong sweet aftertaste? That
would be QSLS.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

On May 22, 12:06 am, Mydnight > wrote:
> > dry:http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?i...dinwhf2ia4.jpg
> > wet:http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?im...udinwhftb6.jpg
> > check out the liquor:http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?i...fliquorae3.jpg
> > the right one is after ~3hours of waiting for me to drink it...

> > is this green kudin tea?

> The dried leaves sorta look like just some typical, countryside green
> tea. But the wet stuff kinda looks like one kind of Ku Ding tea
> called "qing shan lv shui" (青山绿水). Pretty color, though. You say
> it's pretty bitter with powerfully strong sweet aftertaste? That
> would be QSLS.

yes! i think thats the one! googled, found similar picture of the dry
leaf
thanks alot

yeah pretty bitter, but not very sweet, rather mildly-mild sweet :P
i'll rebrew, maybe 190F(87C) is too hot

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I have some TianShan LuShui I've never bothered to open. I'll give it
a try and report back if it looks similar. I hope it does. The
commercial pearls and sticks are extremely bitter. You've never
tasted tannins till you try a Holly leaf.

Jim

SN wrote:
> On May 22, 12:06 am, Mydnight > wrote:
> > > dry:http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?i...dinwhf2ia4.jpg
> > > wet:http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?im...udinwhftb6.jpg
> > > check out the liquor:http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?i...fliquorae3.jpg
> > > the right one is after ~3hours of waiting for me to drink it...

> > > is this green kudin tea?

> > The dried leaves sorta look like just some typical, countryside green
> > tea. But the wet stuff kinda looks like one kind of Ku Ding tea
> > called "qing shan lv shui" (青山绿水). Pretty color, though. You say
> > it's pretty bitter with powerfully strong sweet aftertaste? That
> > would be QSLS.

> yes! i think thats the one! googled, found similar picture of the dry
> leaf
> thanks alot
>
> yeah pretty bitter, but not very sweet, rather mildly-mild sweet :P
> i'll rebrew, maybe 190F(87C) is too hot

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

My TianShanLuShui looks different enough. The dry leaf is wirey dark
green twists forming a clumping mesh. The smell reminds me of a
pungent green tea from Ceylon that's been sitting around for awhile
loosing it's crispness. The infused leaf is entirely whole tiny
individual moderate green leaf with occasional multileaf stem. More
shoot like than mature leaf. I'd say 3 whole leaves would fit on a
penny. The aroma from the pot is pleasant slightly floral. At his
point everything points to tea. However the taste is still pleasant
with a very sharp finish in the throat and lingering bitterness. I
never thought I would find a Kuding I could drink. The pearls and the
spears taste almost chemical. This one is more tea like in looks and
taste with the hint of quinine. Also a little goes a long way.

Jim

PS My Chinese supplier used a slightly different character for Lu *.
Either are correct, for those of us who keep track.