Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Puer quenches thirst

I've mentioned this in the past but each time I'm amazed. I get
overheated and slowly hydrate over several hours by sipping pints of
water. When the thirst doesn't seem to wain I drink about half a pint
of shu puer and feel fine. I know initially I need the water but the
puer acts like a fire extinguisher. Puer is the gatorade of the tea
world.

Jim

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

This is very interesting indeed and very encouraging. Like you, I get
dehydration -- from allergies and sinus and concomitant anti-
histamines and drink glass after glass of boring water. Given all
those wonderful micorganisms at work in a puer, I wonder if there is
some chemical explanation.

Cheers -- I'm off to brew a tuocha or rather to hammer it first into
submission.

Peter

On May 9, 8:29 am, Space Cowboy > wrote:
> I've mentioned this in the past but each time I'm amazed. I get
> overheated and slowly hydrate over several hours by sipping pints of
> water. When the thirst doesn't seem to wain I drink about half a pint
> of shu puer and feel fine. I know initially I need the water but the
> puer acts like a fire extinguisher. Puer is the gatorade of the tea
> world.
>
> Jim

Thirst-quenching characteristics [email protected] Wine 1 10-05-2009 07:02 PM
DAMN!! Folks in Cocke County are gonna die of thirst!! Feds put"Popcorn" in the slammer for three years!! [email protected] General Cooking 1 27-01-2009 08:23 AM
Mixed cooked Puer and Raw Puer?? [email protected] Tea 0 10-04-2007 09:28 AM
Looks like Puer Space Cowboy Tea 5 08-01-2007 07:16 PM
Puer as art Space Cowboy Tea 1 17-04-2005 05:02 AM