Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Goodbye Kamjove

I swapped my electric 1.7L plastic Kamjove for the same size stainless
steel Cooks from JCPenney. Besides the plastic the other thing I
didn't like was the heel cradle which contained the heating element.
There was only one way for the kettle and base to mate. The Cooks has
a female ring in the bottom which mates with the round male sprocket
in the base from any position. I will say the 1500w Cooks is very
noisy. I don't find the plastic handle that comfortable. It has an
offset projecting spout which is easy to fill from the faucet. You
need to pay attention to the arrows on the thumb knob to open the
lid. It was on half price sale for $20. The manufacturer is SenSio
which is part of a Canadian conglomerate. It's reassuring to know in
the global market American companies can sell quality items from
foreign distributors which probably are still made in China cheaper
than from the Chinese.

Jim

PS I've been on a tisane kick for the past year or so. The past
couple of days I've been adding apple blossom buds to my tea from my
trees. They don't add much flavor but look georgeous in the pot.