Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Thunderbolt tea info

Greetings,

Have any of you that live in the U.S. done business with Thunderbolt Tea?
They're located in India. I specifically interested in your shipping
experience.
How did that turn out? They ship DHL to the states. I would also be
interested in your opinion on the quality of their tea.
Thanks,
Mark

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 19, 12:01 pm, "Mark" > wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Have any of you that live in the U.S. done business with Thunderbolt Tea?
> They're located in India. I specifically interested in your shipping
> experience.
> How did that turn out? They ship DHL to the states. I would also be
> interested in your opinion on the quality of their tea.
> Thanks,
> Mark

I was pretty happy with them. Their packaging is decent: tea is in
sealed mylar bags, which are contained in a thin cardboard box, which
is wrapped in canvas, which is put in a DHL bag. Not exactly impact-
resistant, which worried me a bit, but at least the mylar bags were
well-sealed. The shipping was quite fast, which is good since it
costs a fortune.

I've only ordered two teas from them, but I was happy with the
quality. I ordered some margaret's hope white pearls which were
fantastic, and some autumnal darjeeling which was okay (but I'm not a
huge fan of autumnals, so no surprise there).

Let us know how your experiences are, if you end up ordering from
them.
-Brent

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 19, 10:01 am, "Mark" > wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Have any of you that live in the U.S. done business with Thunderbolt Tea?
> They're located in India. I specifically interested in your shipping
> experience.
> How did that turn out? They ship DHL to the states. I would also be
> interested in your opinion on the quality of their tea.
> Thanks,
> Mark

You may want to try Lochan Teas (I have no connection). I've ordered
from them and found their teas and service quite good.
They, too, use courier. I ordered a load of teas and really didn't
mind paying the flat rate of $20.00 since the quality is so good and
the teas are reasonable.
I also purchased some of their "gift packaged" Darjeelings, Assams and
Nilgiri. They are packaged in beautiful little brocade bags and are
also very inexpensive for the quality you get.
The prices are in Rupees on the site; but, there is an adjustment.
They will email you will apackaging code.
Mr. Lochan had kindly supplied some Oolong Darjeelings for a tasdting
we did on another site (T'Ching) and it was good enough to peak my
interest.
Link - www.lochantea.com
Good luck!

Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 19, 2:51 pm, Shen > wrote:
> On Apr 19, 10:01 am, "Mark" > wrote:
>
> > Greetings,

> > Have any of you that live in the U.S. done business with Thunderbolt Tea?
> > They're located in India. I specifically interested in your shipping
> > experience.
> > How did that turn out? They ship DHL to the states. I would also be
> > interested in your opinion on the quality of their tea.
> > Thanks,
> > Mark

> You may want to try Lochan Teas (I have no connection). I've ordered
> from them and found their teas and service quite good.
> They, too, use courier. I ordered a load of teas and really didn't
> mind paying the flat rate of $20.00 since the quality is so good and
> the teas are reasonable.
> I also purchased some of their "gift packaged" Darjeelings, Assams and
> Nilgiri. They are packaged in beautiful little brocade bags and are
> also very inexpensive for the quality you get.
> The prices are in Rupees on the site; but, there is an adjustment.
> They will email you will apackaging code.
> Mr. Lochan had kindly supplied some Oolong Darjeelings for a tasdting
> we did on another site (T'Ching) and it was good enough to peak my
> interest.
> Link -www.lochantea.com
> Good luck!
>
> Shen

Yes, if I recall correctly Thunderbolt Tea has the same flat rate of
$20 (give or take a couple bucks, I don't remember exactly). I've
taken a look at Lochan Tea's website, but their prices seem too good
to be true. Your recommendation makes me feel better about them
though, so maybe I will give them a try soon.
-Brent

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 19, 10:01 am, "Mark" > wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Have any of you that live in the U.S. done business with Thunderbolt Tea?
> They're located in India. I specifically interested in your shipping
> experience.
> How did that turn out? They ship DHL to the states. I would also be
> interested in your opinion on the quality of their tea.
> Thanks,
> Mark

I just went to thunderbolttea.com and was surprised to see a photo of
a cute child with a snotty nose. Is that supposed to make me want to
buy their tea? Am I missing something here?

Alan

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 19, 5:16 pm, Alan > wrote:
> On Apr 19, 10:01 am, "Mark" > wrote:
>
> > Greetings,

> > Have any of you that live in the U.S. done business with Thunderbolt Tea?
> > They're located in India. I specifically interested in your shipping
> > experience.
> > How did that turn out? They ship DHL to the states. I would also be
> > interested in your opinion on the quality of their tea.
> > Thanks,
> > Mark

> I just went to thunderbolttea.com and was surprised to see a photo of
> a cute child with a snotty nose. Is that supposed to make me want to
> buy their tea? Am I missing something here?
>
> Alan

Just a reminder of real life in India. I hope for the kid's sake she's
not a migrant farm worker.
Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 19, 3:55 pm, Brent > wrote:
> On Apr 19, 2:51 pm, Shen > wrote:
>

> > On Apr 19, 10:01 am, "Mark" > wrote:

> > > Greetings,

> > > Have any of you that live in the U.S. done business with Thunderbolt Tea?
> > > They're located in India. I specifically interested in your shipping
> > > experience.
> > > How did that turn out? They ship DHL to the states. I would also be
> > > interested in your opinion on the quality of their tea.
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mark

> > You may want to try Lochan Teas (I have no connection). I've ordered
> > from them and found their teas and service quite good.
> > They, too, use courier. I ordered a load of teas and really didn't
> > mind paying the flat rate of $20.00 since the quality is so good and
> > the teas are reasonable.
> > I also purchased some of their "gift packaged" Darjeelings, Assams and
> > Nilgiri. They are packaged in beautiful little brocade bags and are
> > also very inexpensive for the quality you get.
> > The prices are in Rupees on the site; but, there is an adjustment.
> > They will email you will apackaging code.
> > Mr. Lochan had kindly supplied some Oolong Darjeelings for a tasdting
> > we did on another site (T'Ching) and it was good enough to peak my
> > interest.
> > Link -www.lochantea.com
> > Good luck!

> > Shen

> Yes, if I recall correctly Thunderbolt Tea has the same flat rate of
> $20 (give or take a couple bucks, I don't remember exactly). I've
> taken a look at Lochan Tea's website, but their prices seem too good
> to be true. Your recommendation makes me feel better about them
> though, so maybe I will give them a try soon.
> -Brent

I'm sure if you write to Mr. Lochan directly he can help you with info
the teas. He's a regular on "T' Ching".
Shen

Thunderbolt Tea? Mark Heller Tea 13 18-03-2008 07:19 AM
Thunderbolt Tea Shen[_2_] Tea 0 12-03-2008 03:29 AM
Thunderbolt Tea Mark Heller Tea 1 12-03-2008 03:26 AM
Thunderbolt Teas-Anyone Ever Dealt With Them Recently? Shen[_2_] Tea 34 08-09-2007 01:23 AM
Thunderbolt Tea Marlene Wood Tea 0 10-01-2006 11:14 PM