Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Good online tea-shop within the EU?

Can anyone recommend a good online shop within the EU that sells?:

- a selection of quality sencha
- quality matcha + the necessary equipment for preparing it
- plain green rooibos

Even two out of the three would be excellent, any pointers?

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I have a friend who runs a company called JING teas in london who
carry nothing but the finest teas, they supply Harrods of london.
www.jingtea.com. They also carry a nice range of accessories too. As
far as rooibos english dont really recognise this product . The
largest importer of rooibos is germany , I would suggest looking for a
company there.
Good luck
Maurice

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On 4 Apr, 13:52, "Evojeesus" > wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good online shop within the EU that sells?:
>
> - a selection of quality sencha
> - quality matcha + the necessary equipment for preparing it
> - plain green rooibos
>
> Even two out of the three would be excellent, any pointers?

how about www.nbtea.co.uk - thats where I get all my tea from, and
they do good plain rooibos as well as a fairly large selection of
flavoured rooibos, I think they have about 130 lines as well as lots
of accessories

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On 4 Apr 2007 05:52:43 -0700, Evojeesus wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good online shop within the EU that sells?:
>
> - a selection of quality sencha
> - quality matcha + the necessary equipment for preparing it
> - plain green rooibos

Magicleaf mentioned that rooibush tea is something that's more common here
in Germany, so I'll chip in a recommendation for the German tea shop that I
have been ordering from for years (they're around since 1981). They have
plain, "bio" (controlled organically grown) rooibush tea in their
selection, 2,50 Euro per 100g. The also carry matcha and the appropriate
equipment, as well as numerous types of sencha. I'd link you to the
sub-pages, but their system is a little queer. So, just the store's URL
will have to do: http://www.teeblaetter-shop.de/ Use the search field at
the bottom. Searching for "sencha", "matcha" and "rooibush" (the plain
rooibush is on the second page of the results) should yield the results
you're looking for. It's all in German, though. The site says they will
deliver to other EU countries, though you'll have limited payment options
(credit card). Within Germany they offer a few more options (I usually
order per invoice and wire the money when I get my tea).

I'm not related to the store other than that I buy my tea there and haven't
had any complaint so far.

M.