Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default CHINA advice

Hey evryone, I have been off for a while as I have been travelling and
actually on my way to vist china to go visit some tea fields and been
invited to a processing factory in Hunan. I arrive in Hong Kong on
monday and then go mainland. Has anyone got any experience here, can
you recommend where I should visit like cool tea cafes, tea fields or
any merchants for that matter . Any special teas that I should keep an
eye out for this time of year. I was told that the west lake was a
good place and fujian province however have no idea what is out there
and if any of you have some suggestions I would be keen to hear them.
Maurice

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 3, 3:56 am, "magicleaf" > wrote:
> Hey evryone, I have been off for a while as I have been travelling and
> actually on my way to vist china to go visit some tea fields and been
> invited to a processing factory in Hunan. I arrive in Hong Kong on
> monday and then go mainland. Has anyone got any experience here, can
> you recommend where I should visit like cool tea cafes, tea fields or
> any merchants for that matter . Any special teas that I should keep an
> eye out for this time of year. I was told that the west lake was a
> good place and fujian province however have no idea what is out there
> and if any of you have some suggestions I would be keen to hear them.
> Maurice

If you are going to/near Shanghai or Nanjing, I strongly recommend a
side trip to Liyang. The lake resort there (TIanmu) is AAAA rated and
120 square miles in area, with very pure water. Plus, Liyang is
producing some really good greens that are unavailable in the US but
very highly rated domestically -- Nanshan Shoumei, Gui MIng Xiang Cha,
Longtang Qinfeng and Guiming Sand River tea. And of course, Yishing is
on the way to Liyang from Shanghai. At the end of April, LIyang is
holding its large biennial tea exposition.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

they say if your in HK, you had better go down to "best tea house".

Flat B, 8/F, Ka To Ind Bldg., 2 Cheung Yue Street, Lai Chi Kok, Hong
Kong
TEL: (+852) 2786-3083
FAX: (+852) 2742-8766

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

correction:

Shop 127, Cityplaza II, 18 Taikoo Shing Road
(+852) 2368-4201

G/F Jumbo Floating Restaurant, Aberdeen
(+852) 2838-6512

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Great stuff will def follow up on that.. Thanks The tea expo also
looks interesting. Are there any special places that may do organics.?