Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default $14,000 dollars for a handful of Dragon Well tea

Hey guys

The green tea season has kickstarted! Check out this interesting piece
of news in DIGG that came up last weekend, about a Chinese man who
pays $14,000 dollars for 200 grams of top grade Dragon Well tea made
by TEN frying kings!

http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Would_Y...of_Gree n_Tea

Any thought on the best pick this season?

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Senior Member

Location: Los Angeles

On Mar 29, 2:33 pm, "juliantai" > wrote:
> Hey guys
>
> The green tea season has kickstarted! Check out this interesting piece
> of news in DIGG that came up last weekend, about a Chinese man who
> pays $14,000 dollars for 200 grams of top grade Dragon Well tea made
> by TEN frying kings!
>
> http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Would_Y...rs_for_A_Handf...
>
> Any thought on the best pick this season?

I hope none of us is naive enough to think this isn't a marketing/
publicity gimmick.

Phyll

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Mar 29, 5:33 pm, "juliantai" > wrote:
> Hey guys
>
> The green tea season has kickstarted! Check out this interesting piece
> of news in DIGG that came up last weekend, about a Chinese man who
> pays $14,000 dollars for 200 grams of top grade Dragon Well tea made
> by TEN frying kings!
>
> http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Would_Y...rs_for_A_Handf...
>
> Any thought on the best pick this season?

I wonder how much this guy will be willing to put out for 200 grams of
the original Da hong pao. $14,000...that's quite a few silver
teapots...

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Spammer.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I thought this was a marketing gimmick as well.

There was another news I came across that mention somebody pays a very
high price for the the first pick from the 18 tea imperial bushes of
Emperor Qian Long.

These 18 tea bushes are hundreds of years old, not producing any great
quantity of tea, and were given "yu" or imperial status when Emperor
Qian Long visited West Lake during one of his vacations.

Historically they are very important for West Lake Dragon Well tea.

I wonder if the same man has bought this tea. And if this tea was made
by the ten best fryers in the region, it naturally attracts a premium.

Just a thought - that part of China is full of rich people these days.

Julian
http://www.amazing-green-tea

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

hyll > wrote:
On Mar 29, 2:33 pm, "juliantai" > wrote:
> Hey guys
>
> The green tea season has kickstarted! Check out this interesting piece
> of news in DIGG that came up last weekend, about a Chinese man who
> pays $14,000 dollars for 200 grams of top grade Dragon Well tea made
> by TEN frying kings!

TEN frying kings, nine ladies dancing, eight maids a-milking...

Ever heard of 'Dragon Spring' or 'Dragon Fountain'? TBerk Tea 2 13-07-2008 02:41 PM
Today imitation jewelry is getting popular, pirated CDs are mostlysold and industry is growing. The fact is that only a few people are able toafford it. There are only a handful of people for whom these extraordinarytimepieces are manufactured. Thes [email protected] Preserving 0 26-04-2008 06:04 PM
TNs: A handful of Aussies Salil Wine 1 23-12-2007 10:31 AM
My Red Dragon Pie MOMPEAGRAM Recipes (moderated) 0 23-04-2006 05:13 AM
HOW TO TURN SIX DOLLARS INTO SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS: las696 General Cooking 2 07-01-2005 10:40 PM