Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default online source for very small yixing pots

I'm looking for very small (80 ml and less - ideally 60 - 70 ml (2-2.5
oz)) zisha clay teapots. Mostly interested in fairly boring looking
pots -- not too crazy in terms of shape or decoration, (both a roundish
or pear-shaped one and a flatter one.

I know a few online vendors who would probably be able to find these for
me (Stephane, Jing Teashop, Yunnan Sourcing, etc.), but just wondering
if anyone had any suggestions or links. Most of the stuff I can find is
on the larger side.

I would prefer hand-made and in the $30-70 price range.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I'd second that.... looking for functionality rather than form.

Cheers
Mal
Oz

"Will Yardley" > wrote in message
> I'm looking for very small (80 ml and less - ideally 60 - 70 ml (2-2.5
> oz)) zisha clay teapots. Mostly interested in fairly boring looking
> pots -- not too crazy in terms of shape or decoration, (both a roundish
> or pear-shaped one and a flatter one.
>
> I know a few online vendors who would probably be able to find these for
> me (Stephane, Jing Teashop, Yunnan Sourcing, etc.), but just wondering
> if anyone had any suggestions or links. Most of the stuff I can find is
> on the larger side.
>
> I would prefer hand-made and in the $30-70 price range.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jan 30, 12:15 pm, Will Yardley >
wrote:
Yunna Sourcing has a couple on the site that look pretty goos for the
money. I think they are 100ml, though. Give him (Scott) an email and
I'm sure he'd help you.
Shen
> I'm looking for very small (80 ml and less - ideally 60 - 70 ml (2-2.5
> oz)) zisha clay teapots. Mostly interested in fairly boring looking
> pots -- not too crazy in terms of shape or decoration, (both a roundish
> or pear-shaped one and a flatter one.
>
> I know a few online vendors who would probably be able to find these for
> me (Stephane, Jing Teashop, Yunnan Sourcing, etc.), but just wondering
> if anyone had any suggestions or links. Most of the stuff I can find is
> on the larger side.
>
> I would prefer hand-made and in the $30-70 price range.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Shen wrote:
> Yunna Sourcing has a couple on the site that look pretty goos for the
> money. I think they are 100ml, though. Give him (Scott) an email and
> I'm sure he'd help you.
> Shen
>> I'm looking for very small (80 ml and less - ideally 60 - 70 ml (2-2.5
>> oz)) zisha clay teapots. Mostly interested in fairly boring looking
>> pots -- not too crazy in terms of shape or decoration, (both a roundish
>> or pear-shaped one and a flatter one.
>>
>> I know a few online vendors who would probably be able to find these for
>> me (Stephane, Jing Teashop, Yunnan Sourcing, etc.), but just wondering
>> if anyone had any suggestions or links. Most of the stuff I can find is
>> on the larger side.
>> I would prefer hand-made and in the $30-70 price range.

That'll buy pretty good hand-finished commercial pot. Sounds like we
have similar tastes - my "tiny" first Yixings at around 100 ml now seem
too big for anything less than four people, and I often use a 40 ml
gaiwan. Scott at YS has gotten me quite a few simple pots, sending over
pix from which we could define styles, then pick out the ones to buy. I
got up two in the 50 ml range, one a conventional plain shape, the other
with a large opening for dan congs. I also got some good deals on
well-finished commercial pots from James at pu-erhtea.com. Site lists
larger pots, but you might ask - I've been happy with his quality/price
ratio and service. Used to get good ones from MandJs and Silk Road
Trade, but both seem to have moved up-market.

-DM
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Will Yardley wrote:
> I'm looking for very small (80 ml and less - ideally 60 - 70 ml
> (2-2.5 oz)) zisha clay teapots. Mostly interested in fairly
> boring looking pots -- not too crazy in terms of shape or
> decoration, (both a roundish or pear-shaped one and a flatter one.
>
> I know a few online vendors who would probably be able to find
> these for me (Stephane, Jing Teashop, Yunnan Sourcing, etc.), but
> just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or links. Most of the
> stuff I can find is on the larger side.
>
> I would prefer hand-made and in the $30-70 price range.

This website has six pages of small teapots:
http://funalliance.com/tea/yixing_5oz_3.htm

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I got one from him last summer it is 100ml, too small for me, i use it
when I just need a little tea, or to test a new pu erh.

I think I paid $10-$12

Karl

Shen wrote:
> On Jan 30, 12:15 pm, Will Yardley >
> wrote:
> Yunna Sourcing has a couple on the site that look pretty goos for the
> money. I think they are 100ml, though. Give him (Scott) an email and
> I'm sure he'd help you.
> Shen
>> I'm looking for very small (80 ml and less - ideally 60 - 70 ml (2-2.5
>> oz)) zisha clay teapots. Mostly interested in fairly boring looking
>> pots -- not too crazy in terms of shape or decoration, (both a roundish
>> or pear-shaped one and a flatter one.
>>
>> I know a few online vendors who would probably be able to find these for
>> me (Stephane, Jing Teashop, Yunnan Sourcing, etc.), but just wondering
>> if anyone had any suggestions or links. Most of the stuff I can find is
>> on the larger side.
>>
>> I would prefer hand-made and in the $30-70 price range.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jan 31, 4:15 am, Will Yardley >
wrote:
> I'm looking for very small (80 ml and less - ideally 60 - 70 ml (2-2.5
> oz)) zisha clay teapots. Mostly interested in fairly boring looking
> pots -- not too crazy in terms of shape or decoration, (both a roundish
> or pear-shaped one and a flatter one.
>
> I know a few online vendors who would probably be able to find these for
> me (Stephane, Jing Teashop, Yunnan Sourcing, etc.), but just wondering
> if anyone had any suggestions or links. Most of the stuff I can find is
> on the larger side.
>
> I would prefer hand-made and in the $30-70 price range.

A friend of mine knows somebody from Yixing who can do hand made pots
for me, but the order has to be for 3 identical pots (minimum). The
cost is something in the ballpark of $40 USD, I think. I've been
contemplating such an option, although I'm not sure yet if I really
want one. At this point I'm asking for more information from my
friend. The ones he ordered, however, are quite nice.

MarshalN
http://www.xanga.com/MarshalN

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I second the FunAlliance suggestion... http://funalliance.com/tea/
yixing.htm <<--- to be more broad.

Vendor has a large collection, fair prices (with shipping and a
decorative box (which doubles in function as extra protection in
shipping) included), and is very friendly and helpful. Shipping to
Texas usually takes ~2 weeks.

-Drew

On Jan 31, 12:54 am, Elona > wrote:
> Will Yardley wrote:
> > I'm looking for very small (80 ml and less - ideally 60 - 70 ml
> > (2-2.5 oz)) zisha clay teapots. Mostly interested in fairly
> > boring looking pots -- not too crazy in terms of shape or
> > decoration, (both a roundish or pear-shaped one and a flatter one.

> > I know a few online vendors who would probably be able to find
> > these for me (Stephane, Jing Teashop, Yunnan Sourcing, etc.), but
> > just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or links. Most of the
> > stuff I can find is on the larger side.

> > I would prefer hand-made and in the $30-70 price range.

> This website has six pages of small teapots:http://funalliance.com/tea/yixing_5oz_3.htm

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Senior Member

Location: Los Angeles