FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   Krups tea kettle leaks (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/109084-krups-tea-kettle-leaks.html)

Al[_5_] 07-12-2006 05:05 PM

Krups tea kettle leaks

We've been using a Krups electric tea kettle (model #856) for
a few years and it has been great, but it recently developed
a small leak.

Does anyone know whether this can be fixed?...or should we just
get a new kettle? Thanks.

Dominic T. 07-12-2006 05:49 PM

Krups tea kettle leaks

Al wrote:
> We've been using a Krups electric tea kettle (model #856) for
> a few years and it has been great, but it recently developed
> a small leak.
>
> Does anyone know whether this can be fixed?...or should we just
> get a new kettle? Thanks.

My only suggestion would be to use a two part epoxy if it is just a
crack in the plastic. Seal it fromt he outside not the inside to
minimize water contact with the epoxy. Or if you want to be adventurous
you can heat up a piece of metal and use it to re-melt the plastic to
seal it.

If it isn't plastic, then you'd have to decide if anyhing will seal it.
Possibly a two part epoxy would still work.

I'd say a few years got your money's worth, and it may be time to move
on. Zojirushi makes excellent electric kettles and I think many here
would easily recommend them. They cost a bit more but should wear like
iron.

best of luck,
- Dominic

MarshalN[_1_] 07-12-2006 06:47 PM

Krups tea kettle leaks

Dominic T. wrote:

> I'd say a few years got your money's worth, and it may be time to move
> on. Zojirushi makes excellent electric kettles and I think many here
> would easily recommend them. They cost a bit more but should wear like
> iron.
>
> best of luck,
> - Dominic

I'd agree here -- maybe it's time for a new one? Where's the crack?

I personally though like the control I have over a regular electric
kettle, rather than a Zojirushi, which boils and reboils water without
instant control. The cost certainly is a factor as well.

MarshalN
http://www.xanga.com/MarshalN

[email protected] 06-02-2017 09:02 PM

Krups tea kettle leaks

On Thursday, December 7, 2006 at 12:05:20 PM UTC-5, Al wrote:
> We've been using a Krups electric tea kettle (model #856) for
> a few years and it has been great, but it recently developed
> a small leak.
>
> Does anyone know whether this can be fixed?...or should we just
> get a new kettle? Thanks.

Both of our Krups electric kettles leaked. We have had them for a few years. Is the problem related to a failed seal?

Scott Dorsey 09-03-2017 02:36 PM

Krups tea kettle leaks

> wrote:
>On Thursday, December 7, 2006 at 12:05:20 PM UTC-5, Al wrote:
>> We've been using a Krups electric tea kettle (model #856) for
>> a few years and it has been great, but it recently developed
>> a small leak.
>>
>> Does anyone know whether this can be fixed?...or should we just
>> get a new kettle? Thanks.

>Both of our Krups electric kettles leaked. We have had them for a few years. Is the problem related to a failed seal?

Where are they leaking? And why would there be a seal? Any place where
there is any kind of seal or seam is suspicious.
--scott