Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Generation Tea?

Hello,
Has anyone dealt with Generation Tea online?
They seem to have a wide range of tea and price.
Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Shen wrote:
> Hello,
> Has anyone dealt with Generation Tea online?
> They seem to have a wide range of tea and price.
> Shen

I have never bought anything from them, but judging from the prices and
the information they provide, I wouldn't buy anything from them.
Overpriced, to say the least.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Senior Member

Location: Los Angeles

Oh, this is the vendor that sells Hawaiian pu'er on Amazon.com. Yes,
Hawaii.

http://tinyurl.com/y6fmg4

The product description on Amazon is very liberal and it makes you
think it's written to snare potentially uninitiated consumers. While
on the own website, the description of the same tea is more reserved.

http://tinyurl.com/y6seon

I have never dealt with Generation Tea, but a "caveat emptor"
disclaimer is certainly appropriate here. $60 for a cooked 2001 Haiwan
beeng???? Wow!

Phyll

Shen wrote:
> Hello,
> Has anyone dealt with Generation Tea online?
> They seem to have a wide range of tea and price.
> Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Senior Member

Location: Los Angeles

Nevermind my post. They corrected the Amazon entry to Haiwan, which is
correct. Just 2 weeks ago it used to be "Hawaiian".

Phyll wrote:
> Oh, this is the vendor that sells Hawaiian pu'er on Amazon.com. Yes,
> Hawaii.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/y6fmg4
>
> The product description on Amazon is very liberal and it makes you
> think it's written to snare potentially uninitiated consumers. While
> on the own website, the description of the same tea is more reserved.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/y6seon
>
> I have never dealt with Generation Tea, but a "caveat emptor"
> disclaimer is certainly appropriate here. $60 for a cooked 2001 Haiwan
> beeng???? Wow!
>
> Phyll
>

> Shen wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Has anyone dealt with Generation Tea online?
> > They seem to have a wide range of tea and price.
> > Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Senior Member

Location: Los Angeles

Nevermind my "Hawaii" comment. They corrected the Amazon entry to
Haiwan, which is
correct. Just 2 weeks ago it used to be "Hawaiian", which of course
was a typo.

Phyll wrote:
> Oh, this is the vendor that sells Hawaiian pu'er on Amazon.com. Yes,
> Hawaii.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/y6fmg4
>
> The product description on Amazon is very liberal and it makes you
> think it's written to snare potentially uninitiated consumers. While
> on the own website, the description of the same tea is more reserved.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/y6seon
>
> I have never dealt with Generation Tea, but a "caveat emptor"
> disclaimer is certainly appropriate here. $60 for a cooked 2001 Haiwan
> beeng???? Wow!
>
> Phyll
>

> Shen wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Has anyone dealt with Generation Tea online?
> > They seem to have a wide range of tea and price.
> > Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Phyll wrote:
> Nevermind my "Hawaii" comment. They corrected the Amazon entry to
> Haiwan, which is
> correct. Just 2 weeks ago it used to be "Hawaiian", which of course
> was a typo.

Actually, from what I remember of the "Haiwaiian" business, it was
deliberate and not a typo, because it included phrases that said
something to the effect of "Great tea is not only produced in China!
We are proud to present this tea from our Haiwaiian factory!"

Which means it was specifically NOT a typo and deliberately typed to
mislead consumers. I posted a message on Amazon about Haiwaiian
factory and it seems like they got it.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On 13 Oct 2006 02:33:53 -0700, "MarshalN" > wrote:

>Shen wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Has anyone dealt with Generation Tea online?
>> They seem to have a wide range of tea and price.
>> Shen

>I have never bought anything from them, but judging from the prices and
>the information they provide, I wouldn't buy anything from them.
>Overpriced, to say the least.

Here is an example of one of their marketing involvements:
http://www.food-offer.com/rd_p?p=113...pu%20erh%20tea
The offer is a total scam, if you read the "Program Requirements" you
must complete 8 undisclosed "offers" which include making purchases,
and even signing up for certain credit cards.

VINTAGEPU-ERHTEA.COM VINTAGEPU-ERHTEA.NET VINTAGEPU-ERH.NET
TOPSHELFPU-ERH.COM PU-ERHKING.COM are some of the other domains also
owned by Generation Tea. Why does a single company need so many domain
names?

They do get some of their aged teas from Teahub which tends to have
reputable teas, however they also get some of their teas from the
"Awazon" folks (and I have tasted aged offerings from them, some of
which Generation Tea sold), that are clearly not what they are
portrayed to be.

They do have some authentic teas, but their prices require taking out
a second mortgage....

--
Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net

Next Generation of Canners djb Preserving 9 13-10-2008 03:41 AM
My Generation Gap ;) Andy General Cooking 0 24-12-2006 01:13 PM
Yeast Generation Brian Mailman Sourdough 6 15-08-2006 11:53 PM
Generation Tea frogman18 Tea 1 14-03-2006 03:09 AM
Quotations for the "We" generation Max Hauser Wine 0 10-04-2004 08:38 PM