Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Help-Five samples for $50.00

My sister and brother-in-law are celebrating a big anniversary and I
want to gift them with tea which they are discovering. Can anyone
suggest a five tea sampling that wouldn't cost more than $50.00 and, if
possible, where I could get them?
I know this is a reach, but if anyone would know good teas at good
prices it would be the members of this group.
I am grateful for all the suggestions.
Thanks in advance.
Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Shen, I don't know what kind of tea you had in mind but Hou De Asian Art has
a number of samples (oolong and puerh) that are reasonable and have free
shipping. The tea is yummy.
It's at http://www.houdeasianart.com/

I am only a satisfied customer, nothing more. Good luck.

Melinda

--
"I know. You know I know. I know you know I know. We know Henry knows,
and Henry knows we know it."
"Shen" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> My sister and brother-in-law are celebrating a big anniversary and I
> want to gift them with tea which they are discovering. Can anyone
> suggest a five tea sampling that wouldn't cost more than $50.00 and, if
> possible, where I could get them?
> I know this is a reach, but if anyone would know good teas at good
> prices it would be the members of this group.
> I am grateful for all the suggestions.
> Thanks in advance.
> Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"Shen" wrote...
> My sister and brother-in-law are celebrating a big anniversary and I
> want to gift them with tea which they are discovering. Can anyone
> suggest a five tea sampling that wouldn't cost more than $50.00 and, if
> possible, where I could get them?
> I know this is a reach, but if anyone would know good teas at good
> prices it would be the members of this group.
> I am grateful for all the suggestions.
> Thanks in advance.
> Shen

TeaHome has several samplers: http://tinyurl.com/rzdmf
The tea is shipped from the teafarm in Nan Tou, Taiwan.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Shen,

Hou De has a new selection of the four famous "yan cha" wulong for a
smidge under $50 - check their front page. I'm planning to get some
myself, they look fabulous.

(Disclaimer: I've no relation to Hou De.)

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

A trip to Chinatown and a Chinese sampler pack of 6 1oz tins for $3.99
with the Chinese inscriptions would be icing on the cake. I still have
mine which is over 30 years old. It was a belated wedding present to
myself. The prices haven't changed much. In your price range you can
find puer in the wedding presentation pillow boxes. If it were me, I'd
find the sheng FuLuShouXi fortune,wealth,longevity,happiness embossed
characters on Ebay. If you're lucky you might find the 500g characters
but Xiaguan has them in the 250g sizes. I just made a wedding gift of
Xiaguan Horse Tuo in the Scroll tube.

Jim

Shen wrote:
> My sister and brother-in-law are celebrating a big anniversary and I
> want to gift them with tea which they are discovering. Can anyone
> suggest a five tea sampling that wouldn't cost more than $50.00 and, if
> possible, where I could get them?
> I know this is a reach, but if anyone would know good teas at good
> prices it would be the members of this group.
> I am grateful for all the suggestions.
> Thanks in advance.
> Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Ming Cong Clarification [was: Help-Five samples for $50.00]

When talking about THE 4 famous Wuyi oolong you are talking about the Si Da
> Ming Cong which are Tie Luo Han, Da hong Pao, Shui Jin Gui, Bai Ji Guan.
> Then, comes the Ming Cong (Famous Bushes): Rou Gui, Shui Xian, Lao Cong
> Shui Xian, Qi Lan, Ban Tian Yao.... there is over 800 of them
> Hope that helps,
> Seb

Thanks. I had them all mixed up in my mind.
Tie Luo Han and Bai Ji Guan are among my
favorites. Da Hong Pao would be too, if the
range of quality in that one were not so
extraordinarily wide. Shui Jin Gui I have
to look up, although I know I've tasted it.
Michael

Samples from Upton's toci Tea 0 10-07-2014 11:53 PM
Free Samples Tara General Cooking 4 08-06-2014 09:10 PM
Barrel Samples gerald Wine 2 23-04-2005 06:57 AM
Green Tea Samples from Adagio elgoog Tea 1 21-02-2005 09:42 PM