Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Best Earl Grey?

I've just graduated from tea bags to loose tea, and I'm wondering which
Earl Grey is the best. I like a pronounced bergamot flavor.

Thank you for your help!

Bob

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

The Upton (not Lipton) Earl Grey tea lineup has several choices. The
best seller Earl Grey is the one with the most bergamot. Check out
their site and ratings. Toci
Bob Cleeman wrote:
> I've just graduated from tea bags to loose tea, and I'm wondering which
> Earl Grey is the best. I like a pronounced bergamot flavor.
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Bob

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"Bob Cleeman" > wrote in message
g.com...
> I've just graduated from tea bags to loose tea, and I'm wondering which
> Earl Grey is the best. I like a pronounced bergamot flavor.
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Bob

Since Earl Greys vary according to the base teas used as well as the amount
of bergamot, you'll have to do some experimenting to find which is best for
you. For a pronounced bergamot, you might start with Upton's TE11 Extra
Bergamot English Earl Grey:

http://www.uptontea.com/shopcart/ite...&categoryID=43

or, http://tinyurl.com/f6woz.

Here's a site dedicated to Earl Grey that may help your exploration:

http://www.concentric.net/~Dusted.

HTH.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Bob ing.com10/4/06

> I've just graduated from tea bags to loose tea, and I'm wondering which
> Earl Grey is the best. I like a pronounced bergamot flavor.
>
> Thank you for your help!

Hi Bob,

Investigate Grace Teas. They produce a high quality consistant product, and
if they have an Earl Grey, which I suspect they do, it will be good. Sorry I
can't be more helpful or specific.

You might try some of the green teas available from
internet vendors, as well as some Oolongs. If you
are weaning yourself off the evil teabag, you might
also want to try a Keemun and an Oriental Beauty.
These are not hard to find, and they are *very*
easy to like, and difficult to ruin.

Michael

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Bob Cleeman wrote:
> I've just graduated from tea bags to loose tea, and I'm wondering which
> Earl Grey is the best. I like a pronounced bergamot flavor.
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Bob

By far the best site for Earl Grey reviews is:
http://www.concentric.net/~Dusted/

I tried 12 of the top rated ones side by side in a tasting and I
personally preferred the Eastern Shore product.
http://www.concentric.net/~Dusted/EarlGrey/Eastern.html

Mike
http://www.pu-erh.net

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"Mike Petro" wrote...
> I tried 12 of the top rated ones side by side in a tasting and I
> personally preferred the Eastern Shore product.
> http://www.concentric.net/~Dusted/EarlGrey/Eastern.html
>
> Mike
> http://www.pu-erh.net

Which 12 of the 26 Five-Star rated Earl Greys did you try?
http://www.concentric.net/~Dusted/EarlGrey/Rating.html

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

enid wrote:
> "Mike Petro" wrote...
> > I tried 12 of the top rated ones side by side in a tasting and I
> > personally preferred the Eastern Shore product.
> > http://www.concentric.net/~Dusted/EarlGrey/Eastern.html
> >
> > Mike
> > http://www.pu-erh.net

> Which 12 of the 26 Five-Star rated Earl Greys did you try?
> http://www.concentric.net/~Dusted/EarlGrey/Rating.html

Gosh, its been about 4 years now, I really dont remember. They were all
from the 5 star list and I omitted anything that had flowers or wasnt a
staright Earl Grey. I do remember liking the Golden Moon Tippy Earl
Grey, and the Twinnings (UK packed, not USA) Earl Grey, as runner up
choices though.

Mike

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Bob Cleeman wrote:
> I've just graduated from tea bags to loose tea, and I'm wondering which
> Earl Grey is the best.

The kind I leave in the store while carrying out my darjeeling!

--Blair
"Thank you, I'll be here all week, try the Puttabong!"

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default All threads are one (was: Best Earl Grey?)

"Mike Petro" > writes:

> [...]
>
> By far the best site for Earl Grey reviews is:
> http://www.concentric.net/~Dusted/
>
> I tried 12 of the top rated ones side by side in a tasting and I
> personally preferred the Eastern Shore product.
> http://www.concentric.net/~Dusted/EarlGrey/Eastern.html

Hey Mike: When I was reminded of your interest in Earl Greys, I
suppressed the urge to fire off a jokey post about Earl Grey Pu'er.
But I've been thinking about those little Chinese citrus fruits packed
with shu Pu'er: not so far from the bergamot fruit, no?

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
recent addition: Gua Zi Jin
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On 08 Oct 2006 11:28:43 -0400, Lewis Perin > wrote:

>"Mike Petro" > writes:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> By far the best site for Earl Grey reviews is:
>> http://www.concentric.net/~Dusted/
>>
>> I tried 12 of the top rated ones side by side in a tasting and I
>> personally preferred the Eastern Shore product.
>> http://www.concentric.net/~Dusted/EarlGrey/Eastern.html

>Hey Mike: When I was reminded of your interest in Earl Greys, I
>suppressed the urge to fire off a jokey post about Earl Grey Pu'er.
>But I've been thinking about those little Chinese citrus fruits packed
>with shu Pu'er: not so far from the bergamot fruit, no?
>
>/Lew
>---
>Lew Perin /

>recent addition: Gua Zi Jin

Yea, it is similar, particularly those that stuffed into cirturus
fruits and then dried. But the flavor is always kind of muddy as
compared to a good Earl Grey. EG is bright and crisp and envigorating
where citrus puerh is earthy and muted. Different teas for different
moods I guess.

--
Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net

Earl Grey Joshua Tea Tea 12 26-01-2006 11:33 PM
Earl Grey Blair P. Houghton Tea 17 19-01-2006 02:23 PM
Earl Grey Blair P. Houghton Tea 48 16-01-2006 04:39 AM
Earl Grey Pat Tea 19 16-07-2005 02:48 AM
Earl Grey/Lady Grey Ripon Tea 7 26-02-2004 04:23 AM