Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
cj5 cj5 is offline

Default humble introduction

hello tea family,

I, too, have been reading everyone's posts for a long time.
Defiantly a highlight in my day.

New to serious tea. But have been lucky in that ,near where we live, is
a very fine tea shop. They also have a sister store that is an herbalists
apothecary. This is in a new Asian area in Sacramento, Ca.

They do the kung fu tea when you wish to sample and that was quite an
experience for the uninitiated. The teas are all first or second grade
so can be pricey.

Last time there we tasted some 40 year old pu-er and new spring oolong
that was $500
a lb. (I purchased the $250 lb. a quarter pound to treasure)

The problem for us is overcoming the language barrier. But we are
working on it.

Thanks to all of you and the pu-er blog we are learning the rudamentry symbols.

This group has been wonderful for our mixed marriage. Me oolong. Him pu-er.
Unfortunatly we got hooked on pre 1960 yixing teapots. That addiction we share.

Thank you all again. now I can start posting to ask many questions

cj5 (cheri)

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"cj5" > wrote...
> hello tea family,
>
> I, too, have been reading everyone's posts for a long time.
> Defiantly a highlight in my day.
>
> New to serious tea. But have been lucky in that ,near where we live, is
> a very fine tea shop. They also have a sister store that is an herbalists
> apothecary. This is in a new Asian area in Sacramento, Ca.
>
> They do the kung fu tea when you wish to sample and that was quite an
> experience for the uninitiated. The teas are all first or second grade so can
> be pricey.
>..... cj5 (cheri)

Hello Cheri,

Where is the tea shop located? I would like to try their tea!

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

cj5 wrote:
>>They do the kung fu tea when you wish to sample and

this is very typical of an 'real' asian tea shop. i should say
cultural instead of real though.

i would be careful about buying the old puers, 30 years and up. so
many fakes...
i buy puers but i dont like to buy over the 20 year mark, of course
that doesnt mean i wont drink them if they are offered, heheheheh. i
forgot the break-off point. but i have heard many times that any teas
claiming to be ching dynasty would be over 90 years old, back then it
was not common for folks to keep teas long unless of royalty or nobles.
and for Cultural Revolution 1966-1976, lots of things got lots...
---icetea

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
cj5 cj5 is offline

Sorry for repeat post. I haven't posted before and hit the send button twice.

The tea shop is in a new asian mall across from the huge asian supermarket
at the corner of 65th and Stockton Blvd. (behind the old Florin Mall)

Is there Sacto folks on the group?

cj5

> Hello Cheri,
>
> Where is the tea shop located? I would like to try their tea!

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"cj5" > wrote in message
> hello tea family,

Welcome to the group!

--
~~Bluesea~~

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"cj5" > wrote...
> Sorry for repeat post. I haven't posted before and hit the send button twice.
>
> The tea shop is in a new asian mall across from the huge asian supermarket
> at the corner of 65th and Stockton Blvd. (behind the old Florin Mall)
>
> Is there Sacto folks on the group?
>
> cj5

Thank you. I hope to try the tea shop when I visit Sacramento in a few months.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Welcome aboard, Enid!

Also:
"but i have heard many times that any teas claiming to be ching dynasty
would be over 90 years old"

....have you ever come across a tea claiming to be Qing dynasty? I'd
really like to know, so that I can avoid that vendor in future.

Toodlepip,

Hobbes