Gerry

Default ANN: alt.food.sushi.safety Newsgroup

I was thinking the "Is raw sushi safe to eat raw" and the seemingly
endless cul-de-sacs attached to it could be put in one handy newsgroup
where 90% of the passers-by could play "Who's on first" till the end of
time.

Just a thought...

--
"A Dictionary of Japanese Food, Ingredients & Culture" by Richard Hosking
(Tuttle, '97). All the hints one might need for exploring Japanese food.

"The Sake Handbook" by John Gaunter (Tuttle, '02). An excellent intro and
reference to sake.
Dan Logcher

Gerry wrote:

> I was thinking the "Is raw sushi safe to eat raw" and the seemingly
> endless cul-de-sacs attached to it could be put in one handy newsgroup
> where 90% of the passers-by could play "Who's on first" till the end of
> time.

Or how about people read the newsgroup FAQ.. which I'm we could have a
section answering some of these questions. There already is a section
on safety issues.. but it could use a little more bolstering.

http://www.sushifaq.com/

--
Dan
Ken Blake

In ,
Dan Logcher > typed:

> Gerry wrote:
>
>> I was thinking the "Is raw sushi safe to eat raw" and the
>> seemingly
>> endless cul-de-sacs attached to it could be put in one handy
>> newsgroup where 90% of the passers-by could play "Who's on
>> first"
>> till the end of time.

> Or how about people read the newsgroup FAQ.. which I'm we could
> have a
> section answering some of these questions. There already is a
> section
> on safety issues.. but it could use a little more bolstering.
>
> http://www.sushifaq.com/

I always think that newsgroup faqs are essentially useless. The
enormous majority of people new to the group doesn't know it
exists. Even many of those who have been around for a while don't
remember it's there. And hardly anyone will take the trouble to
look for one.

Although I don't object to the existence of a newsgroup faq, I
don't think it's worth anyone's time and trouble to create and
maintain one.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Dan Logcher

Ken Blake wrote:
> In ,
> Dan Logcher > typed:
>

>>Gerry wrote:
>>

>>>I was thinking the "Is raw sushi safe to eat raw" and the
>>>seemingly
>>>endless cul-de-sacs attached to it could be put in one handy
>>>newsgroup where 90% of the passers-by could play "Who's on
>>>first"
>>>till the end of time.

>>Or how about people read the newsgroup FAQ.. which I'm we could
>>have a
>>section answering some of these questions. There already is a
>>section
>>on safety issues.. but it could use a little more bolstering.
>>
>>http://www.sushifaq.com/

> I always think that newsgroup faqs are essentially useless. The
> enormous majority of people new to the group doesn't know it
> exists. Even many of those who have been around for a while don't
> remember it's there. And hardly anyone will take the trouble to
> look for one.
>
> Although I don't object to the existence of a newsgroup faq, I
> don't think it's worth anyone's time and trouble to create and
> maintain one.

But one already exists and is being maintained very well. It would be
a ashame to not promote such a useful piece of work. Google sushi faq
and its the top one..

All the questions that are asked over and over could be (and some are)
answered in the FAQ and all we need to do is point people to that.

--
Dan
Ken Blake

In ,
Dan Logcher > typed:

> Ken Blake wrote:
>> In ,
>> Dan Logcher > typed:

>>> Or how about people read the newsgroup FAQ.. which I'm we
>>> could
>>> have a
>>> section answering some of these questions. There already is
>>> section
>>> on safety issues.. but it could use a little more bolstering.
>>>
>>> http://www.sushifaq.com/

>> I always think that newsgroup faqs are essentially useless.
>> The
>> enormous majority of people new to the group doesn't know it
>> exists. Even many of those who have been around for a while
>> don't
>> remember it's there. And hardly anyone will take the trouble
>> look for one.
>>
>> Although I don't object to the existence of a newsgroup faq, I
>> don't think it's worth anyone's time and trouble to create and
>> maintain one.

> But one already exists and is being maintained very well. It
> would be
> a ashame to not promote such a useful piece of work. Google
> sushi faq
> and its the top one..
>
> All the questions that are asked over and over could be (and
> some are)
> answered in the FAQ and all we need to do is point people to
> that.

As I said, Dan, I don't mind its existence, and I don't mind your
pointing someone there. My only point is that it's a mistake to
think it will do much good.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Dan Logcher

Ken Blake wrote:
> In ,
> Dan Logcher > typed:
>
>>But one already exists and is being maintained very well. It would
>>be a ashame to not promote such a useful piece of work. Google
>>sushi faq and its the top one..
>>
>>All the questions that are asked over and over could be (and some are)
>>answered in the FAQ and all we need to do is point people to that.

> As I said, Dan, I don't mind its existence, and I don't mind your
> pointing someone there. My only point is that it's a mistake to
> think it will do much good.

Lets try it next time someone asked an already discussed question
and see how they fare.

--
Dan
Ken Blake

In ,
Dan Logcher > typed:

> Ken Blake wrote:
>> In ,
>> Dan Logcher > typed:
>>
>>> But one already exists and is being maintained very well. It
>>> would
>>> be a ashame to not promote such a useful piece of work.
>>> Google
>>> sushi faq and its the top one..
>>>
>>> All the questions that are asked over and over could be (and
>>> some
>>> are) answered in the FAQ and all we need to do is point
>>> people to
>>> that.

>> As I said, Dan, I don't mind its existence, and I don't mind
>> your
>> pointing someone there. My only point is that it's a mistake
>> think it will do much good.

> Lets try it next time someone asked an already discussed
> question
> and see how they fare.

Sure.

Food Safety? Gary General Cooking 3 04-10-2014 07:56 AM
Food safety? John Kuthe[_2_] General Cooking 0 27-11-2009 03:06 PM
Rec.Food.Recipes Newsgroup Tracy E. Carman Recipes (moderated) 0 06-07-2009 01:32 AM
Can I keep a food atrocity thread in this newsgroup? ggg Asian Cooking 1 02-01-2005 07:03 AM
German Food Newsgroup? Peter Dy General Cooking 2 13-10-2003 05:33 AM