Default Why no Sushi-Burgers?

Has the "Sushi-Burger" been invented yet?

It would combine the handyness and feel of a hamburger with the taste
of sushi.
Both Filet-O-Fish and LongJohnSilvers have failed to do that yet.

forrestmouth

There was a Japanese fast food chain (Mos Burger) that had (this was
1995) a "Burger" of a salmon fillet between two "buns" made of rice
(think of a thin, round musubi). I think there was a sheet of nori in
there too.

I just found their website: <http://www.mos.co.jp/menu/index.html>
Down towards the bottom you'll see "Rice Burgers". I only see a shrimp
burger, but no salmon bruger. Maybe they dropped the salmon from the
menu. From what I remember, it was quite tasty. Maybe got too
expensive?

On a slight tangent, while searching the web for the name of the chain
I came across this article:
<http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050623/lf_afp/afplifestylejapan_050623135902>

-FM

Alai

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Has the "Sushi-Burger" been invented yet?
>
> It would combine the handyness and feel of a hamburger with the taste
> of sushi.
> Both Filet-O-Fish and LongJohnSilvers have failed to do that yet.

I think my sashimi noodle was a better idea. =)

forrestmouth

I don't know. Lately I've been leaning towards sashimi over sushi. I
figure if I want to taste the flavor of the fish, I want to do it with
as little distraction as possible.

So if I don't want my fish on a nigiri I don't know why I would want it
in a bun. And if you put it in a bun I imagine you'll start putting on
condiments- wasabi, kaiware, nori, wakame etc. until you get to the
point of asking why you need to sashimi anyway?

Maybe it's another "gateway" dish that could bring people to the sushi
restaurant in the first place, but I think i'll take my fish plain.

-FM