Nona

Default Sushi Fish Source

Sometime back I mentioned that I was very impressed with Catalina
Offshore Products of San Diego. In the current issue of Rosengarten
Report (David Rosengarten), he mentions them as a best shipper of uni
in the country as well as their sashimi grade scallops.

Another mention is Honolulu Fish Co for Tasmanian King Salmon, Nairagi
Toro Filet and ahi sashimi filet. He mentions that they use grading
system for their fish. The most expensive grade and the best is 1++,
but he found that the next grade down 1+ is great too.
Dan Logcher

Nona wrote:

> Sometime back I mentioned that I was very impressed with Catalina
> Offshore Products of San Diego. In the current issue of Rosengarten
> Report (David Rosengarten), he mentions them as a best shipper of uni
> in the country as well as their sashimi grade scallops.

I'd like to order some of their Grade A uni, but I'm afraid of what
the shipping costs would be to Boston.

--
Dan

Johnny Musacha

In article >, Dan Logcher wrote:
> Nona wrote:
>
>> Sometime back I mentioned that I was very impressed with Catalina
>> Offshore Products of San Diego. In the current issue of Rosengarten
>> Report (David Rosengarten), he mentions them as a best shipper of uni
>> in the country as well as their sashimi grade scallops.

> I'd like to order some of their Grade A uni, but I'm afraid of what
> the shipping costs would be to Boston.

I don't see uni on their site. Their prices have shipping built
into them but there is a five pound minimum. I'm thinking of having a
sushi party and ordering for that.

JM
Keith

http://catalinaop.com/uni.htm 80 gram trays are $15 each, two minimum for
grade A. They are great! You really don't want to order just one thing
though... stock up or share an order with a friend and the shipping costs
aren't so bad.

--

Keith
__
"Johnny Musacha" > wrote in message
> In article >, Dan Logcher wrote:
>> Nona wrote:
>>
>>> Sometime back I mentioned that I was very impressed with Catalina
>>> Offshore Products of San Diego. In the current issue of Rosengarten
>>> Report (David Rosengarten), he mentions them as a best shipper of uni
>>> in the country as well as their sashimi grade scallops.

>> I'd like to order some of their Grade A uni, but I'm afraid of what
>> the shipping costs would be to Boston.

> I don't see uni on their site. Their prices have shipping built
> into them but there is a five pound minimum. I'm thinking of having a
> sushi party and ordering for that.
>
> JM

Dan Logcher

Keith wrote:

> http://catalinaop.com/uni.htm 80 gram trays are $15 each, two minimum for
> grade A. They are great! You really don't want to order just one thing
> though... stock up or share an order with a friend and the shipping costs
> aren't so bad.

That was kind of the plan a while back, to place a large order with a few
people. But it hasn't materialized yet. If it were shipped to my house
I don't think there'd be any uni left when the other arrived

--
Dan