Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default Salmon is Great, in More Ways Than You're Aware Of

On 2010-04-27 15:29:07 -0700, Preston Wilson said:

> There are so many great ways to eat salmon that there's really no way
> to ever get bored of it. That, and the fact that salmon is
> tremendously healthy for our bodies (with a concentrated mix of
> proteins, omega fatty acids, and other minerals), and you have every
> reason to include salmon in your diet as regularly and comprehensively
> as possible. Don't limit yourself to when salmon is available fresh,
> which is only a part of the year; eat it all year round, by buying
> canned salmon (which, coincidentally, contains all the same great
> nutritional value). Of the different kinds of canned salmon you can
> buy, the most versatile and practical is boneless canned salmon, since
> you have to do absolutely nothing to it other than remove the lid to
> eat it.

What, are you in the trade?

> Canned salmon may be poached, it may be cold-smoked, it may be hot
> smoked, it may be conserved in fresh water or in the juices it was
> cooked in, it may have oil added, and it will likely have some salt
> added. What canned salmon does not have-at least when it is wild and
> from Alaska, the best possible kind of salmon-is the PCBs and other
> dangerous components that farmed salmon has, so it is always important
> to make sure you're buying wild canned salmon. Each of the different
> styles of preparation mentioned above can also be rendered into
> boneless canned salmon, which is great since the gamut of flavors is
> broader.

From many years back I've never been able to fathom why canned salman
makes me produce the most god-awful farts known to man for a solid 24
hours or more after the face. It's absolutely a taboo for me to eat.
But smoked salmon, baked, sauteed, fried, sushi--known have such an
effect. In fact nothing else in my dietary universe has such a tragic
response.

> All canned salmon is cooked already, so you can eat it right out of
> the can. The great thing is that if it's boneless, you can literally
> remove the lid and dig in, not having to remove the bones and getting
> all messy in the process (or mushing them in with the meat, thereby
> losing the texture). In fact, simply opening up some boneless canned
> salmon and eating it with cheese and crackers is delicious, though it
> is also simple and delicious to add it to salads and stir fries.
> Really, there are a ton of ways to prepare boneless salmon right out
> of the can or included in elaborate dishes, and you should experiment
> and discover just how versatile this exceptional product of the
> Alaskan fisheries is.

Did you clip this somewhere or are you the representative of the "Eat
More Salmon" organization?
--
Dogmatism kills jazz. Iconoclasm kills rock. Rock dulls scissors.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

sometime in the recent past Gerry posted this:
> On 2010-04-27 15:29:07 -0700, Preston Wilson said:
>
>> There are so many great ways to eat salmon that there's really no way
>> to ever get bored of it. That, and the fact that salmon is
>> tremendously healthy for our bodies (with a concentrated mix of
>> proteins, omega fatty acids, and other minerals), and you have every
>> reason to include salmon in your diet as regularly and comprehensively
>> as possible. Don't limit yourself to when salmon is available fresh,
>> which is only a part of the year; eat it all year round, by buying
>> canned salmon (which, coincidentally, contains all the same great
>> nutritional value). Of the different kinds of canned salmon you can
>> buy, the most versatile and practical is boneless canned salmon, since
>> you have to do absolutely nothing to it other than remove the lid to
>> eat it.

> What, are you in the trade?
>
>> Canned salmon may be poached, it may be cold-smoked, it may be hot
>> smoked, it may be conserved in fresh water or in the juices it was
>> cooked in, it may have oil added, and it will likely have some salt
>> added. What canned salmon does not have-at least when it is wild and
>> from Alaska, the best possible kind of salmon-is the PCBs and other
>> dangerous components that farmed salmon has, so it is always important
>> to make sure you're buying wild canned salmon. Each of the different
>> styles of preparation mentioned above can also be rendered into
>> boneless canned salmon, which is great since the gamut of flavors is
>> broader.

> From many years back I've never been able to fathom why canned salman
> makes me produce the most god-awful farts known to man for a solid 24
> hours or more after the face. It's absolutely a taboo for me to eat.
> But smoked salmon, baked, sauteed, fried, sushi--known have such an
> effect. In fact nothing else in my dietary universe has such a tragic
> response.
>
>> All canned salmon is cooked already, so you can eat it right out of
>> the can. The great thing is that if it's boneless, you can literally
>> remove the lid and dig in, not having to remove the bones and getting
>> all messy in the process (or mushing them in with the meat, thereby
>> losing the texture). In fact, simply opening up some boneless canned
>> salmon and eating it with cheese and crackers is delicious, though it
>> is also simple and delicious to add it to salads and stir fries.
>> Really, there are a ton of ways to prepare boneless salmon right out
>> of the can or included in elaborate dishes, and you should experiment
>> and discover just how versatile this exceptional product of the
>> Alaskan fisheries is.

> Did you clip this somewhere or are you the representative of the "Eat
> More Salmon" organization?

He's shilling his cookbook - buy 1 get 20 free. Lots of testimonials. Spam.

--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry[_3_] View Post
On 2010-04-27 15:29:07 -0700, Preston Wilson said:

[...]

From many years back I've never been able to fathom why canned salman
[...]

I enjoyed the type of processing this dish! I was very impressed with it!

50 Great Ways to Cook Potatoes U.S. Janet B. General Cooking 20 03-12-2016 08:55 PM
BE AWARE~ Mikie[_3_] General Cooking 6 22-03-2009 12:37 PM
Are you aware about your health?? [email protected] General Cooking 0 21-05-2007 05:25 PM
Listen to free audio excerpt from 26 Great Ways to Advertise for Under100 Dollars Bob Restaurants 0 21-02-2007 05:17 AM
AMERICANS MORE AWARE OF WHAT THEY EAT Terry Pulliam Burd General Cooking 15 03-08-2005 12:21 AM