Old 28-04-2010, 03:24 AM posted to alt.food.sushi

Default Sushi recipes

http://japanesefood.about.com/od/sus...cipes.htm?nl=1

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Old 28-04-2010, 04:44 PM posted to alt.food.sushi

Nick wrote on 28 Apr 2010 02:24:10 GMT:

http://japanesefood.about.com/od/sus...cipes.htm?nl=1

I did open the page and it seems to be about rolls. Why not buy a book
on sushi that covers a lot of the varieties? Among many, I might suggest
"Sushi" by Ryuichi Yoshii. I don't even eat much but nigiri sushi and a
lot of rolls seem held together with mayonnaise.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Old 28-04-2010, 05:45 PM posted to alt.food.sushi

sometime in the recent past James Silverton posted this:
Nick wrote on 28 Apr 2010 02:24:10 GMT:

http://japanesefood.about.com/od/sus...cipes.htm?nl=1

I did open the page and it seems to be about rolls. Why not buy a book
on sushi that covers a lot of the varieties? Among many, I might suggest
"Sushi" by Ryuichi Yoshii. I don't even eat much but nigiri sushi and a
lot of rolls seem held together with mayonnaise.

Since my introduction to the internet, I haven't bought many cookbooks. But
to be fair, I didn't buy many before that. Point is it's easier to find many
examples of something you have interest in on the web allowing you to become
'informed' enough to sink money into an unknown book. Your suggestion,
James, may be a fine book, but I wouldn't have known what to compare it with
if not for the web.

As for makis, most of those I prefer are held together with nori ;-)

--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3
Old 29-04-2010, 12:55 AM posted to alt.food.sushi

Wilson wrote:
[...]

Heh heh! Good point, Wilson.

I have two Japanese cookbooks, not restricted to sushi. One is Emi Kazuko's
"The Book of Japanese Cooking," a lovely and very well illustrated book.
The other is "Japanese Cooking, A Simple Art," by Shizuo Tsuji. This
extraordinary book is my main reference on the subject, and is also very
well illustrated. Your public library might have the latter.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Old 29-04-2010, 01:19 AM posted to alt.food.sushi

Nick wrote on 28 Apr 2010 23:55:41 GMT:

Wilson wrote:
[...]

Rolls may be encased in nori but the filling may include, for example,
tuna chopped up with mayonnaise: "spicy tuna" etc.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Old 03-06-2010, 07:14 AM
Banned

Welcome to Sushi Recipes - one of the very best online sushi cooking resources. In Japanese cuisine, sushi is a type of food made from vinegared rice, topped or filled with fish, seafood, vegetables or egg. The topping can be raw, cooked, or marinated; and may be served scattered in a bowl of rice, rolled in nori, laid onto hand-formed clumps of rice, or stuffed in a small tofu pouch. To view a recipe from our collection, please click on its title in the list below:

* Californian Sushi Roll
* Crayfish Sushi
* Japanese Sushi
* Nigiri (Finger) Sushi
* Nori Crab Rolls
* Salmon and Seaweed Sushi Roll
* Shrimp Sushi
* Sushi Pancakes
* Sushi Rice
* Tuna Sushi
* Vegetarian Sushi
Old 08-06-2010, 05:52 PM posted to alt.food.sushi
gtr gtr is offline

On 2010-06-02 23:14:33 -0700, arran said:

Welcome to Sushi Recipes - one of the very best online sushi cooking
resources.

Hmm. You walk into my house and say welcome to your house? Strange....

In Japanese cuisine, sushi is a type of food made from
vinegared rice, topped or filled with fish, seafood, vegetables or egg.

I'm sure no reader of this newsgroup could possibly have known that!
How exciting. Hey, everybody! There's something called a sushi!

The topping can be raw, cooked, or marinated; and may be served
scattered in a bowl of rice, rolled in nori, laid onto hand-formed
clumps of rice, or stuffed in a small tofu pouch. To view a recipe from
our collection, please click on its title in the list below:

* Californian Sushi Roll
* Crayfish Sushi
* Japanese Sushi
* Nigiri (Finger) Sushi
* Nori Crab Rolls
* Salmon and Seaweed Sushi Roll
* Shrimp Sushi
* Sushi Pancakes
* Sushi Rice
* Tuna Sushi
* Vegetarian Sushi

You dolt -- you didn't even provide the link to your damn site!!

Welcome to my killfile - one of the best places I put users who paste
their website's BS straight into a usenet post because they have no
idea where they are, what they're doing, or who they're talking to and
don't really have the time or interest to find out.
--
If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

Old 27-03-2018, 06:15 AM
Member

Location: India

5 sheets nori.
2 cups sushi rice, recipe follows.
2 ounces sushi-grade tuna, cut into1/4 by 1/2 by 3-inch strips.
2 ounces sushi-grade salmon, cut into1/4 by 1/2 by 3-inch strips.
1 hot house cucumber, julienne.
1 carrot, peeled and julienne.
1/2 avocado, thinly sliced.

You're eating sushi all wrong! Tokyo sushi chef teaches proper way toeat sushi Travis McGee General Cooking 86 12-09-2015 02:41 AM
sushi recipes Viktor Kashen Recipes 0 18-10-2011 12:23 AM
sushi recipes Student 7 Sushi 1 10-10-2007 10:07 AM
Correct Sushi Manners, or how to behave in a Sushi Restaurant ( Video-Clip ) [email protected] Restaurants 0 21-03-2006 07:53 PM
sushi recipes Sushi 0 13-11-2004 08:57 PM