Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default Nanase in White Plains, NY

It's been very quiet in this newsgroup lately.

My wife and I will be in Westchester County this coming August,
celebrating our grandson's 15th birthday. We usually take him and his
parents to Azuma (in Hartsdale), which we all like very much. Anybody
here know Nanase? How does it compare with Azuma? Should we go there
instead this year?

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.sushi

OT of Westchester sushi, anyone know if Sazan in Ardsley went out of
business? Musashi?

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 07:49:49 -0700, Ken Blake
> wrote:

>It's been very quiet in this newsgroup lately.
>
>My wife and I will be in Westchester County this coming August,
>celebrating our grandson's 15th birthday. We usually take him and his
>parents to Azuma (in Hartsdale), which we all like very much. Anybody
>here know Nanase? How does it compare with Azuma? Should we go there
>instead this year?

Remove "No Spam" from e-mail address before replying
Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 07:56:59 -0400, Lori Lee >
wrote:

> OT of Westchester sushi, anyone know if Sazan in Ardsley went out of
> business? Musashi?

I'll e-mail my son, who lives in Ardsley, ask him and report back,
probably tomorrow.

Do you not know anything about Nanase? You are the person who I was
hoping could tell me something.

> On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 07:49:49 -0700, Ken Blake
> > wrote:
>
> >It's been very quiet in this newsgroup lately.
> >
> >My wife and I will be in Westchester County this coming August,
> >celebrating our grandson's 15th birthday. We usually take him and his
> >parents to Azuma (in Hartsdale), which we all like very much. Anybody
> >here know Nanase? How does it compare with Azuma? Should we go there
> >instead this year?

> Remove "No Spam" from e-mail address before replying

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:56:48 -0700, Ken Blake
> wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 07:56:59 -0400, Lori Lee >
> wrote:
>
> > OT of Westchester sushi, anyone know if Sazan in Ardsley went out of
> > business? Musashi?

> I'll e-mail my son, who lives in Ardsley, ask him and report back,
> probably tomorrow.
>
> Do you not know anything about Nanase? You are the person who I was
> hoping could tell me something.

Oops. You're not Musashi, you're Lori Lee. Sorry, I misread what you
wrote; the last sentence above was meant for Musashi.

At any rate, here's my son's answer "If they're closed, there's no
"For Sale" sign or anything like that. But I don't really know. I'll
take a better look next time I go by there."

Ken

> > On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 07:49:49 -0700, Ken Blake
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >It's been very quiet in this newsgroup lately.
> > >
> > >My wife and I will be in Westchester County this coming August,
> > >celebrating our grandson's 15th birthday. We usually take him and his
> > >parents to Azuma (in Hartsdale), which we all like very much. Anybody
> > >here know Nanase? How does it compare with Azuma? Should we go there
> > >instead this year?

> > Remove "No Spam" from e-mail address before replying

> --
> Ken Blake
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.sushi

Sorry Ken, haven't been to Nanase, although I am a long time Azuma
fan. My impression is Nanase is more of an omakase experience, lots
of small course, not all sushi, and somewhat Manhattan pricing. As
opposed to Azuma or in my case Sazan, where I order specials or nigiri
by the piece, whatever is fresh or unusual.

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:56:48 -0700, Ken Blake
> wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 07:56:59 -0400, Lori Lee >
>wrote:
>
>> OT of Westchester sushi, anyone know if Sazan in Ardsley went out of
>> business? Musashi?

>I'll e-mail my son, who lives in Ardsley, ask him and report back,
>probably tomorrow.
>
>Do you not know anything about Nanase? You are the person who I was
>hoping could tell me something.
>

>> On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 07:49:49 -0700, Ken Blake
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >It's been very quiet in this newsgroup lately.
>> >
>> >My wife and I will be in Westchester County this coming August,
>> >celebrating our grandson's 15th birthday. We usually take him and his
>> >parents to Azuma (in Hartsdale), which we all like very much. Anybody
>> >here know Nanase? How does it compare with Azuma? Should we go there
>> >instead this year?

>> Remove "No Spam" from e-mail address before replying

Remove "No Spam" from e-mail address before replying

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 09:59:35 -0400, Lori Lee >
wrote:

> Sorry Ken, haven't been to Nanase, although I am a long time Azuma
> fan. My impression is Nanase is more of an omakase experience, lots
> of small course, not all sushi, and somewhat Manhattan pricing.

Thanks. From what I've read, your description is very accurate in all
respects.

> As
> opposed to Azuma or in my case Sazan, where I order specials or nigiri
> by the piece, whatever is fresh or unusual.

Same with me, but Azuma much more often than Sazan.

> On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:56:48 -0700, Ken Blake
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 07:56:59 -0400, Lori Lee >
> >wrote:
> >
> >> OT of Westchester sushi, anyone know if Sazan in Ardsley went out of
> >> business? Musashi?

> >I'll e-mail my son, who lives in Ardsley, ask him and report back,
> >probably tomorrow.
> >
> >Do you not know anything about Nanase? You are the person who I was
> >hoping could tell me something.
> >

> >> On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 07:49:49 -0700, Ken Blake

> >> Remove "No Spam" from e-mail address before replying

> Remove "No Spam" from e-mail address before replying

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 06:50:57 -0700, Ken Blake
> wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:56:48 -0700, Ken Blake
> > wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 07:56:59 -0400, Lori Lee >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > OT of Westchester sushi, anyone know if Sazan in Ardsley went out of
> > > business? Musashi?

> > I'll e-mail my son, who lives in Ardsley, ask him and report back,
> > probably tomorrow.
> >
> > Do you not know anything about Nanase? You are the person who I was
> > hoping could tell me something.

> Oops. You're not Musashi, you're Lori Lee. Sorry, I misread what you
> wrote; the last sentence above was meant for Musashi.
>
> At any rate, here's my son's answer "If they're closed, there's no
> "For Sale" sign or anything like that. But I don't really know. I'll
> take a better look next time I go by there."

And a confirmation from my son, who passed by there a little while
ago: yes, it's still open.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 13:31:41 -0700, Ken Blake
> wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 06:50:57 -0700, Ken Blake
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:56:48 -0700, Ken Blake
>> > wrote:

>> > I'll e-mail my son, who lives in Ardsley, ask him and report back,
>> > probably tomorrow.
>> >
>> > Do you not know anything about Nanase? You are the person who I was
>> > hoping could tell me something.

>> Oops. You're not Musashi, you're Lori Lee. Sorry, I misread what you
>> wrote; the last sentence above was meant for Musashi.
>>
>> At any rate, here's my son's answer "If they're closed, there's no
>> "For Sale" sign or anything like that. But I don't really know. I'll
>> take a better look next time I go by there."

>And a confirmation from my son, who passed by there a little while
>ago: yes, it's still open.

Thanks Ken, their phone must have been out of order.
LL
Remove "No Spam" from e-mail address before replying

High Plains Thumper THUMPS me! Rhino Plastee General Cooking 4 02-01-2009 05:32 AM
Wines of the Great Plains Earle Jones Wine 4 27-10-2006 02:29 AM
Meet for Peruvian food in White Plains? Kate Connally General Cooking 2 27-09-2005 05:25 PM
Todai in White Plains Ken Blake Sushi 5 07-09-2005 12:24 AM
WHITE PLAINS, NEW YORK BREWERIANA SALE !!!! SoloAle Beer 0 28-04-2004 04:07 PM