Old 22-10-2004, 02:50 AM
werewolf

The "unwanted pet dogs" meme was
reinforced by a serial prankster named Skaggs. More info he

http://www.snopes.com/critters/edibles/dogsoup.htm

Uh, no, 'fraid not. Korean consumption of dog meat has nothing to do
with a "serial prankster", nor has it any relevance that someone
dislikes organizations that exist to protect animals from cruelty.

Excerpt:

"WHERE DO THESE RESTAURANTS GET DOGS FROM?

Restaurant owners who wish to provide these dishes must rely on
criminals to obtain animals. "Bunchers", as they are called. are
people who obtain animals illegally, and sell them to restaurants,
vivisection labs, satanic cults*, and pit bull fighting rings.
Wherever they can make a quick profit. Most often, bunchers obtain
animals from "FREE TO GOOD HOME" ads in the local newspaper.
By masquerading as an animal lover, sometimes going as far as to bring
a child along, he can easily obtain several animals in one day. By
selling the animals for much more than he paid (nothing!), it's not
hard to imagine how lucrative this cottage industry is. Animal
Activist groups estimate at least
30 known bunchers are operating in Orange County alone!"

They must rely on criminals to obtain the animals because dog
consumption is illegal in the USA.

The link (which I posted before):

http://www.aapn.org/fooddogsna.html

ww

Old 22-10-2004, 03:00 AM
werewolf

"Fascinating decoupage of possible options. More than I've seen,
actually. Still no winners. Nevertheless, one free cocktail for you
the next time we meet! :-)"

Awrite! Also, I must try to incorporate that word into my
converstion, as soon as I, uh, find out what it means...

One entry found for decoupage.
Main Entry: de·cou·page
Variant(s): or dé·cou·page /"dA-(")kü-'päzh/
Function: noun
Etymology: French découpage, literally, act of cutting out, from
Middle French, from decouper to cut out, from de- + couper to cut --
more at COPE
1 : the art of decorating surfaces by applying cutouts (as of paper)
and then coating with usually several layers of finish (as lacquer or
varnish)
2 : work produced by decoupage
- decoupage or découpage transitive verb

Hmm...this may not be so easy, but i shall do my best to decoupage my
converstaion with it every now and then. It will add a certain,
keskoosay*, *decoupage* to my speech, I think, je ne ce quas?*

ww

*I don't know how to spell those things, but I used to hear French
people - I used to have a Parisian girlfriend - parleyvooing them all
the time.
Old 22-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Gerry

In article , werewolf
wrote:

Fascinating decoupage of possible options. More than I've seen,
actually. Still no winners. Nevertheless, one free cocktail for
you the next time we meet! :-)

Awrite! Also, I must try to incorporate that word into my
converstion, as soon as I, uh, find out what it means...

1 : the art of decorating surfaces by applying cutouts (as of paper)
and then coating with usually several layers of finish (as lacquer or
varnish)

That's the one. Mosaic might be another suitable replacement.

Hmm...this may not be so easy, but i shall do my best to decoupage my
converstaion with it every now and then. It will add a certain,
keskoosay*, *decoupage* to my speech, I think, je ne ce quas?*

I love to hear people say "it has a certain je ne se pa" (forgive
spelling). Once I asked a waiter, while looking at the chalkboard,
what the "soup du jour" was. He said, "Umm, today's soup du jour of
the day, is tomato." He now works for the Department of Redundancy
Department.

Last week I noted Paul McCartney singing in "Live and Let Die" the
phrase "the world in which we live in".

--
"A Dictionary of Japanese Food, Ingredients & Culture" by Richard Hosking
(Tuttle, '97). All the hints one might need for exploring Japanese food.

"The Sake Handbook" by John Gaunter (Tuttle, '02). An excellent intro and
reference to sake.
Old 23-10-2004, 01:22 AM
Gerry

In article ux.net,
starwars wrote:

Hmm...this may not be so easy, but i shall do my best to
decoupage my
converstaion with it every now and then. It will add a
certain, keskoosay*, *decoupage* to my speech, I think,
je ne ce quas?*

I love to hear people say "it has a certain je ne se pa"
(forgive spelling). Once I asked a waiter, while looking
at the chalkboard, what the "soup du jour" was. He said,
"Umm, today's soup du jour of the day, is tomato." He now
works for the Department of Redundancy Department.

"It has a certain ... je ne sais quoi." translates as "It
has a certain ... I do not know what." It can have a couple
of meanings. In English, "It has a certain quality but I
don't know how to describe it." Or, because it is frequently
spoken by the French character in plays or movies, it
occasionally means, "It has a certain quality ... but I don't
know how to say it in English." USUALLY, it means the former,
something indescribable. There's no redundancy.

My apologies to you.

Old 24-10-2004, 02:37 AM
werewolf

"My apologies to you."

Appology accepted!

P.S. I don't know what you're appologizing for, but I'll accept it
anyway! Gerry, now you owe me TWO cocktails!

;-)

ww

Old 24-10-2004, 05:37 AM
Gerry

In article , werewolf
wrote:

"My apologies to you."

Appology accepted!

But to you it wasn't offered. Can't you tell the difference between a
*real* apology and a request to be allowed to continue on with life?

P.S. I don't know what you're appologizing for, but I'll accept it
anyway! Gerry, now you owe me TWO cocktails!

You got it, bro. But I'll be helping out by drinking one of them for
you.

Old 05-11-2004, 02:11 AM
werewolf

Gerry wrote in message ...
In article , werewolf
wrote:

"My apologies to you."

Appology accepted!

But to you it wasn't offered...

This forum tends to confuse me. Posts pop up from parts unknown (as
they say in wrestling), and so do threads. I'm easily confused to
begin with. So I'm accepting that appology on behalf of whoever it
was intended for. It's not that often people appologize to me, so I
takes my appologies wherever I finds 'em. But please, don't belabor
the issue. I graciously accept your appology for whatever it is
you're appologizing for, because that's the kind of guy I am! Just
don't let it happen again, whatever it was.

Yrs,

ww
Old 05-11-2004, 02:11 AM
werewolf

Chopsticks notbob General Cooking 91 24-01-2012 11:17 PM
(2010-07-13) NS-RFC: Chopsticks! ChattyCathy General Cooking 44 19-07-2010 05:11 PM
American chopsticks notbob General Cooking 206 04-02-2009 02:58 AM
(2009-01-19) NS-RFC: Using chopsticks ChattyCathy General Cooking 134 23-01-2009 05:35 PM
Why do we still use chopsticks? Karen[_3_] General Cooking 199 25-04-2007 04:46 PM