Ariane Jenkins

Default Eating Concepts

On 12 May 2004 17:03:58 GMT, SeafoodAdv > wrote:

> On another note, people not grown up in tofu culture equate uncooked tofu as a
> chunk of raw meat and refuse to eat unless cooked.
>
> Then you have another group who equates tofu as cooked cold cutst. They treat
> make tofu sandwiches with mayo and mustard, alfafa sprouts, onions, lettuce,
> etc. .
>
> Then there are also people coming up with innovative recipes with tofu (equated
> as ground meat) as in tofu pasta, tofu lasagna, tofu meatloaf, etc.
>
> The "sanctity" of the subtle tofu taste is lost IMHO. YMMV.
>
> Walter Rhee, "The Seafood Advisor"
>
> On the other hand, you have some non-Westerners thinking spaghetti sauces are
> always made with ketchup and carrots.

LOL... DH didn't grow up with tofu. I don't think he ever
had it until he was in his late twenties at the very least, but he
really took a liking to it. So far, his favorite ways of eating it
are in a stir-fry (could be pan fried or deep fried first, or left as
is) or with spiced ground pork as in Ma Po Tofu (which is tonight's
dinner, actually), or in agedashi tofu as an appetizer at sushi bars,
although we've made it at home for the main course. He does also like
inari sushi, but I'm not as fond of it. We prefer the Hinochi (sp?)
brand, soft tofu.

Ariane
Musashi

"Ariane Jenkins" > wrote in message
> On 12 May 2004 17:03:58 GMT, SeafoodAdv > wrote:
> >
> > On another note, people not grown up in tofu culture equate uncooked

tofu as a
> > chunk of raw meat and refuse to eat unless cooked.
> >
> > Then you have another group who equates tofu as cooked cold cutst. They

treat
> > make tofu sandwiches with mayo and mustard, alfafa sprouts, onions,

lettuce,
> > etc. .
> >
> > Then there are also people coming up with innovative recipes with tofu

(equated
> > as ground meat) as in tofu pasta, tofu lasagna, tofu meatloaf, etc.
> >
> > The "sanctity" of the subtle tofu taste is lost IMHO. YMMV.
> >
> > Walter Rhee, "The Seafood Advisor"
> >
> > On the other hand, you have some non-Westerners thinking spaghetti

sauces are
> > always made with ketchup and carrots.

> LOL... DH didn't grow up with tofu. I don't think he ever
> had it until he was in his late twenties at the very least, but he
> really took a liking to it. So far, his favorite ways of eating it
> are in a stir-fry (could be pan fried or deep fried first, or left as
> is) or with spiced ground pork as in Ma Po Tofu (which is tonight's
> dinner, actually), or in agedashi tofu as an appetizer at sushi bars,
> although we've made it at home for the main course. He does also like
> inari sushi, but I'm not as fond of it. We prefer the Hinochi (sp?)
> brand, soft tofu.
>
> Ariane

Yes that's the House Hinoichi brand