Dan Logcher

Default Wasabi...the real stuff

F t B wrote:

> I just bought a piece in town for $3.00. Here's a pic for you...
> http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PwAAA...55335488738081
>
> Now I have to whip up a nice sishi dinner....

That stuff sure is ugly looking..

--
Dan

Bill

"Dan Logcher" > wrote in message
> F t B wrote:
>
> > I just bought a piece in town for $3.00. Here's a pic for you...

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PwAAA...55335488738081

> > Now I have to whip up a nice sishi dinner....

> That stuff sure is ugly looking..
>
> --
> Dan

Pretty much as ugly as ginger eh Dan?

F t B

"Dan Logcher" > wrote in message
> F t B wrote:
>
> > I just bought a piece in town for $3.00. Here's a pic for you...

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PwAAA...55335488738081

> > Now I have to whip up a nice sishi dinner....

> That stuff sure is ugly looking..
>
> --
> Dan

Might be ugly to you but it tastes fantastic to me..

Blair P. Houghton

Dan Logcher > wrote:
>F t B wrote:
>> I just bought a piece in town for $3.00. Here's a pic for you...

>http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PwAAA...55335488738081
>
>That stuff sure is ugly looking..

I was just at the Asian supermarket today. Wish I'd seen
something like that.

I wonder how well it freezes.

--Blair
"You pay extra for the sprouts."
Michael

"Blair P. Houghton" > wrote in message
> Dan Logcher > wrote:
> >F t B wrote:
> >> I just bought a piece in town for $3.00. Here's a pic for you...

>http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PwAAA...s4MFJ*vOSlj9Bz

kIPtvjgpbTFhl4I1TPwKgb1buM8M9uUvZHYnUzqYkEYzNwnHQQ aG/wasabi.jpg?dc=467545533
5488738081

> >That stuff sure is ugly looking..

> I was just at the Asian supermarket today. Wish I'd seen
> something like that.

I used to bring it back from Japan when I was traveling there but no more.
Hatsuhana in NY had some fresh stuff when I had dinner there in November.

> I wonder how well it freezes.

Impossible (for me anyway) to grow, difficult to keep fresh, doesn't freeze
well but wonderful to eat.

> --Blair
> "You pay extra for the sprouts."

Dan Logcher

F t B wrote:

> "Dan Logcher" > wrote in message
>
>>F t B wrote:
>>

>>>I just bought a piece in town for $3.00. Here's a pic for you...
>>>

> http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PwAAA...55335488738081
>
>>>Now I have to whip up a nice sishi dinner....
>>>

>>That stuff sure is ugly looking..
>>

> Might be ugly to you but it tastes fantastic to me..

Oh I'm sure it tastes great, and I would love to have some..
Just saying it's an ugly plant.

--
Dan

Anonymouse

there is a "fresh wasabi" site that sells rootstocks for growing your own.

Real Wasabi restaurants Seth Sushi 5 01-04-2013 12:53 AM
Real wasabi James Silverton[_4_] Sushi 5 20-07-2009 05:15 AM
Gourmandia - Real Food Website for Real People [email protected] General Cooking 3 22-12-2006 12:27 PM
Got Wasabi? - t-shirts and other stuff [email protected] Sushi 2 15-12-2005 03:17 AM
Wasabi...the real stuff F t B Sushi 5 21-01-2004 07:04 PM