Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default Twin Cities sushi/hibachi

Looks like things are improving a bit for us up here in the Land o' 10
trillion mosquitoes - over the last couple of years we got two (Chinese
owned/run) sushi/teppanyaki places in Apple Valley (south of the TC airport
about 10 miles or so) - Osaka and Kami, respectively. Now it looks like my
town, Eagan, is getting a sushi/hibachi place called Kyoto and a similar
one, Sawa, is going in on the 494 strip in Bloomington.

I'm wondering if Kyoto has any relation to the Kyoto that I used to get to
down in the Dallas area - anyone have any idea?
--
With the Internet, the answer is out there - the problem now is to figure
out what the question is....

Member

Location: Minneapolis, MN
Send a message via AIM to SadRobot1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Regal View Post
Looks like things are improving a bit for us up here in the Land o' 10
trillion mosquitoes - over the last couple of years we got two (Chinese
owned/run) sushi/teppanyaki places in Apple Valley (south of the TC airport
about 10 miles or so) - Osaka and Kami, respectively. Now it looks like my
town, Eagan, is getting a sushi/hibachi place called Kyoto and a similar
one, Sawa, is going in on the 494 strip in Bloomington.

I'm wondering if Kyoto has any relation to the Kyoto that I used to get to
down in the Dallas area - anyone have any idea?
--
With the Internet, the answer is out there - the problem now is to figure
out what the question is....
Somewhere in the world, two aardvarks are humping.
The Twin Cities actually has a lot of great sushi places. My favorite is Obento-Ya which is near the University of Minnesota. Also, there is the Sushi Tango sushi chain which has one in Uptown and one in Woodbury which is not bad.

New place for pu-erh in the Twin Cities? Nico Tea 2 24-06-2006 03:26 PM
Anyone been to the Twin Cities Trader Joe's? Dan Goodman General Cooking 20 24-05-2006 06:12 PM
Raw Puer in the Twin Cities Nico Tea 11 30-08-2005 10:11 PM
Twin Cities Sushi Nick Sushi 1 19-07-2004 11:47 PM
Twin Cities rfc cook-ins? Dan Goodman General Cooking 1 16-06-2004 11:41 AM