Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default Real wasabi

Hello All!

I have the urge to have some real wasabi the next time I eat sushi. Does
anyone know places around DC that serve it at prices that are not
outrageous?

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Email, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On 2009-07-16 08:08:50 -0700, "James Silverton"
> said:

> I have the urge to have some real wasabi the next time I eat sushi.
> Does anyone know places around DC that serve it at prices that are not
> outrageous?

Hmm. I'm not sure which is more important, finding it, or finding it at
an appropriate price. I've had it a number of times and never paid
anything for it, but it was at really nice Japanese restaurants where
the overall bill was "higher than usual" for a sushi bar, let's say.
But the overall price was not outrageous.

Anyway, if I was chasing it down in DC (or anywhere else) I'd go
a-googling on placese that do kaiseki dinners. Clearly they are more
expensive than the usual sushi bar, but they are also more likely to
have the more than the usual dishes/fishes/ingredients. And relative to
your request, such places usually do sushi and other stuff as well. At
least I've only ever seen two places in life that only do kaiseki
alone, and they were both in Japan.

Of course this may also be true of the high-end sushi bars, of which I
am sure DC has a number. But you can never tell whether any of them
will have such things, despite their exclusive status. I guess you
could call.
--
Dogmatism kills jazz. Iconoclasm kills rock. Rock dulls scissors.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Jul 16, 11:08*am, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> I have the urge to have some real wasabi the next time I eat sushi. Does
> anyone know places around DC that serve it at prices that are not
> outrageous?
>
> --
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
>Try Sushi-ko or Makoto. Both buy fresh real wasabi from us and serve it regularly

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On 2009-07-17 08:56:48 -0700, wasabi > said:

> On Jul 16, 11:08*am, "James Silverton" >
> wrote:
>> Hello All!
>>
>> I have the urge to have some real wasabi the next time I eat sushi. Does
>> anyone know places around DC that serve it at prices that are not
>> outrageous?
>>
>> --
>>
>> James Silverton
>> Potomac, Maryland
>>
>> Try Sushi-ko or Makoto. Both buy fresh real wasabi from us and serve it r

> egularly

Say--You're quite a resource!
--
Dogmatism kills jazz. Iconoclasm kills rock. Rock dulls scissors.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

wasabi wrote on Fri, 17 Jul 2009 08:56:48 -0700 (PDT):

> On Jul 16, 11:08 am, "James Silverton" >
> wrote:
>> Hello All!
>>
>> I have the urge to have some real wasabi the next time I eat
>> sushi. Does anyone know places around DC that serve it at
>> prices that are not outrageous?
>>
>> --
>>
>> James Silverton
>> Potomac, Maryland
>>
>> Try Sushi-ko or Makoto. Both buy fresh real wasabi from us
>> and serve it regularly

Thanks, I'll try to remember those,
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to alt.food.sushi

In article >,
wasabi > wrote:

>Try Sushi-ko or Makoto. Both buy fresh real wasabi from us and serve it regularly

Thanks, I'll have to remember that for the next time I'm in DC.

How about Minneapolis? (Or Boston?)

Thanks,

Seth

Real Wasabi restaurants Seth Sushi 5 01-04-2013 12:53 AM
Gourmandia - Real Food Website for Real People [email protected] General Cooking 3 22-12-2006 12:27 PM
FS: Real Bicycle Seats for Real People! [email protected] Marketplace 0 22-02-2006 10:30 PM
Wasabi...the real stuff F t B Sushi 5 21-01-2004 07:04 PM
Wasabi...the real stuff Dan Logcher Sushi 6 14-01-2004 03:44 PM