Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default Edamame

Hello All!

The temperature at which people prefer edamame served has recently been
discussed in rec.food.cooking. I guess the choices are cool but not
frozen, room temperature, warm and hot. I wonder what others think? I
will eat them anything but hot as an accompaniment to drinks.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Email, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to alt.food.sushi

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Hello All!
>
> The temperature at which people prefer edamame served has recently been
> discussed in rec.food.cooking. I guess the choices are cool but not
> frozen, room temperature, warm and hot. I wonder what others think? I will
> eat them anything but hot as an accompaniment to drinks.

Mostly room temperature. Can be warm but but not so
hot as to interfere with eating with your hands. At least
that's how it's usually served in Japan.
Don't think I'd like it cold.

Musashi

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:51:30 -0400, "James Silverton"
> wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> The temperature at which people prefer edamame served has recently been
> discussed in rec.food.cooking. I guess the choices are cool but not
> frozen, room temperature, warm and hot. I wonder what others think? I
> will eat them anything but hot as an accompaniment to drinks.

I prefer room temperature.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.sushi

On 2009-04-16 08:33:07 -0700, "Musashi" > said:

>> The temperature at which people prefer edamame served has recently been
>> discussed in rec.food.cooking. I guess the choices are cool but not
>> frozen, room temperature, warm and hot. I wonder what others think? I will
>> eat them anything but hot as an accompaniment to drinks.

> Mostly room temperature. Can be warm but but not so
> hot as to interfere with eating with your hands. At least
> that's how it's usually served in Japan.
> Don't think I'd like it cold.

I've had them lightly chilled, not cold. They're good.
--
Dogmatism kills jazz. Iconoclasm kills rock. Rock dulls scissors.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

Musashi wrote on Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:33:07 -0400:

> "James Silverton" > wrote in
> message ...
>> Hello All!
>>
>> The temperature at which people prefer edamame served has
>> recently been discussed in rec.food.cooking. I guess the
>> choices are cool but not frozen, room temperature, warm and
>> hot. I wonder what others think? I will eat them anything but
>> hot as an accompaniment to drinks.
>>

> Mostly room temperature. Can be warm but but not so
> hot as to interfere with eating with your hands. At least
> that's how it's usually served in Japan.
> Don't think I'd like it cold.

I try not to get sushi from supermarkets but, in desperation sometimes,
I buy it one or two upscale places like Fresh Fields. Their edamame is
kept in the same cold case as the sushi and seems quite edible at that
temperature, like the sushi.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to alt.food.sushi

Musashi wrote:
> "James Silverton" > wrote in message
>> Hello All!
>>
>> The temperature at which people prefer edamame served has recently been
>> discussed in rec.food.cooking. I guess the choices are cool but not
>> frozen, room temperature, warm and hot. I wonder what others think? I will
>> eat them anything but hot as an accompaniment to drinks.
>>

> Mostly room temperature. Can be warm but but not so
> hot as to interfere with eating with your hands. At least
> that's how it's usually served in Japan.
> Don't think I'd like it cold.
>
> Musashi

So are the steaming hot and heavily salted edamame that I'm served in
Japanese restaurants not served the way they are in Japan? At home I
always cook them but let them cool as I dislike hot food, but I thought
that was just a persona decision.

--
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/ The Sushi FAQ ...><((((º>
HTTP://www.theteafaq.com/ The Tea FAQ
Posted to alt.food.sushi

On 2009-04-20 07:52:07 -0700, Warren > said:

> So are the steaming hot and heavily salted edamame that I'm served in
> Japanese restaurants not served the way they are in Japan? At home I
> always cook them but let them cool as I dislike hot food, but I thought
> that was just a persona decision.

I've had warm edomame before but they I can count the number of places
on one hand. I've never had them steaming hot. Not once in 20 years
and too many restaurants to count; likely over 200.
--
Dogmatism kills jazz. Iconoclasm kills rock. Rock dulls scissors.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

I like it slightly warm myself but room temp works too.

--
irhusker
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Posted to alt.food.sushi

"Warren" > wrote in message
m...
> Musashi wrote:
>> "James Silverton" > wrote in message
>>> Hello All!
>>>
>>> The temperature at which people prefer edamame served has recently been
>>> discussed in rec.food.cooking. I guess the choices are cool but not
>>> frozen, room temperature, warm and hot. I wonder what others think? I
>>> will eat them anything but hot as an accompaniment to drinks.
>>>

>> Mostly room temperature. Can be warm but but not so
>> hot as to interfere with eating with your hands. At least
>> that's how it's usually served in Japan.
>> Don't think I'd like it cold.
>>
>> Musashi

> So are the steaming hot and heavily salted edamame that I'm served in
> Japanese restaurants not served the way they are in Japan? At home I
> always cook them but let them cool as I dislike hot food, but I thought
> that was just a persona decision.

Not that I've encountered. Heavily salted, yes.

Musashi

Edamame NilsGLindgren Wine 36 29-05-2012 01:46 AM
Edamame: shelled or not? Was Edamame: Hot or Cold? sf[_9_] General Cooking 6 17-04-2009 02:19 PM
Edamame: Hot or Cold? Arri London General Cooking 1 16-04-2009 01:21 PM
Edamame: Hot or Cold? Curt Nelson[_3_] General Cooking 1 15-04-2009 08:31 PM
Edamame raymond[_2_] General Cooking 6 09-08-2007 02:12 AM