Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default NYT: Sushi Anyone? Neanderthal itamae.

"The Neanderthals were seafood lovers"

No they weren't. Those low lives wouldn't know the difference between
a sea scallop and a garden slug. We used to make them collect seafood
for us, or else we'd trade them for things they couldn't figure out
how to make for themselves, like a stone hammer or a drinking bowl or
something.

Werewolf, Cro Magnon man
Posted to alt.food.sushi

> No they weren't. Those low lives wouldn't know the difference between
> a sea scallop and a garden slug. We used to make them collect seafood
> for us, or else we'd trade them for things they couldn't figure out
> how to make for themselves, like a stone hammer or a drinking bowl or
> something.

A bit off the sushi subject I know but Neanderthals were probably more peacuful and smarter than 'modern man'. They just could not adapt to the changing environment. But at least they did not overfish tuna. Let's see how we will do in the following decades.

Jukka
Posted to alt.food.sushi

"Armadillo" > wrote in message
news
>> No they weren't. Those low lives wouldn't know the difference between
>> a sea scallop and a garden slug. We used to make them collect seafood
>> for us, or else we'd trade them for things they couldn't figure out
>> how to make for themselves, like a stone hammer or a drinking bowl or
>> something.

> A bit off the sushi subject I know but Neanderthals were probably more
> peacuful and smarter than 'modern man'. They just could not adapt to the
> changing environment. But at least they did not overfish tuna. Let's see
> how we will do in the following decades.
>
> Jukka

I can't speak for Neanderthals or Cro Magnons but in defense of Homo
Sapiens, although we may overfish tuna, we
now have the basis for reproductive tuna farming. It probably won't be too
far in the future before we are serving
cloned farmed tuna sushi using genetically manipulated rice. I just hope the
wasabi is still the real thing then.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

Musashi wrote:
> "Armadillo" > wrote in message
> news >
>>>No they weren't. Those low lives wouldn't know the difference between
>>>a sea scallop and a garden slug. We used to make them collect seafood
>>>for us, or else we'd trade them for things they couldn't figure out
>>>how to make for themselves, like a stone hammer or a drinking bowl or
>>>something.

>>A bit off the sushi subject I know but Neanderthals were probably more
>>peacuful and smarter than 'modern man'. They just could not adapt to the
>>changing environment. But at least they did not overfish tuna. Let's see
>>how we will do in the following decades.
>>
>>Jukka

> I can't speak for Neanderthals or Cro Magnons but in defense of Homo
> Sapiens, although we may overfish tuna, we
> now have the basis for reproductive tuna farming. It probably won't be too
> far in the future before we are serving
> cloned farmed tuna sushi using genetically manipulated rice. I just hope the
> wasabi is still the real thing then.

The wasabi might be blue..

--
Dan
Posted to alt.food.sushi

Dan Logcher wrote:
> Musashi wrote:
>> "Armadillo" > wrote in message
>> news >>
>>>
>>> A bit off the sushi subject I know but Neanderthals were probably
>>> more peacuful and smarter than 'modern man'. They just could not
>>> adapt to the changing environment. But at least they did not overfish
>>> tuna. Let's see how we will do in the following decades.
>>>
>>> Jukka

>> I can't speak for Neanderthals or Cro Magnons but in defense of Homo
>> Sapiens, although we may overfish tuna, we
>> now have the basis for reproductive tuna farming. It probably won't be
>> too far in the future before we are serving
>> cloned farmed tuna sushi using genetically manipulated rice. I just
>> hope the wasabi is still the real thing then.

> The wasabi might be blue..

Or glowing...

--
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/ The Sushi FAQ ...><((((º>
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/sushiotaku/ The Sushi Otaku Blog

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren[_6_] View Post
Dan Logcher wrote:[color=blue][i]
Musashi wrote:[color=green][i]

Or glowing...
or slimy and tasteless like when you get avocado sauce instead of guacamole at certain eateries...
Posted to alt.food.sushi

> or slimy and tasteless like when you get avocado sauce instead of
> guacamole at certain eateries...

Even further from the subect...

Best guacamole is of course made the Neanderthal way in a heavy stone mortar.

Jukka