Posted to alt.food.sushi,aus.legal,can.legal,japan.fishing,misc.legal,uk.legal

Default => DNA testing uncovers phony sushi <=

DNA testing uncovers suspect sushi
a.. Two teenage girls decided to test 60 samples of seafood

b.. They used a genetic fingerprinting technique to see if the fish were
labeled correctly

c.. Samples were collected from four restaurants and 10 grocery stores

d.. The results showed 25 percent of the girls' samples were mislabeled

From Christina Chinnici
CNN
NEW YORK (CNN) -- Two teenage girls used DNA bar coding to determine that
some sushi on New York dinner plates was mislabeled with cheaper fish being
passed off as a more expensive species.

Kate Stoeckle and Louisa Strauss were not science majors or even college
students when they decided to take 60 samples of seafood and use a genetic
fingerprinting technique to see whether the fish were labeled correctly.

The graduates of Manhattan's Trinity School in New York were inspired by
Kate Stoeckle's father, Mark, a scientist and proponent of the use of DNA
bar coding, a technique that greatly simplifies the process of identifying a
species.

"Growing up, bar coding was dinner conversation, so I was familiar with it,"
Stoeckle said. "And then one night, while out to dinner, I asked, could we
barcode sushi? Louisa and I love sushi, and we thought, why not apply the
bar coding technology to see what food we're eating?"

After collecting samples from four restaurants and 10 grocery stores,
spending about $300, the teens sent them to the University of Guelph in
Ontario, Canada, where the Barcode of Life project began and where a
graduate student had agreed to conduct the genetic analysis.

The girls' samples were compared with the global library of 30,562 bar codes
representing nearly 5,500 fish species.

According to Mark Stoeckle, DNA is extracted chemically. The bar code gene,
a chemical code, is amplified in a process called Polymerase Chain Reaction.

A machine examines the DNA sequences called bases, which are a series of
letters, A, G, C and T, and then digitally matches them with a library of
DNA bar codes or other series of letters. The bar code itself is very long,
with 648 letters.

The results showed that 25 percent of the girls' samples were mislabeled:
half of the restaurant samples and six out of 10 grocery store samples.

In every case, less desirable or cheaper fish was substituted for its more
expensive counterpart, Stoeckle said. She and her father would not divulge
the names of vendors, citing a fear of lawsuits.

"It's not the fishermen, and it might not even be the restaurants," she
said. "Most likely, the mislabeling is occurring somewhere at the
distribution level."

For example, fish sold as white tuna turned out to be cheaper Mozambique
tilapia, flying roe fish was replaced with smelt, and red snapper was
mislabeled as Atlantic cod and Acadian redfish, an endangered species.

"They are the first to do it," Mark Stoeckle said of the girls. "It's like
'CSI' for fish."

He said the process could become as common as GPS.

"Many people are working on miniaturizing it, bring the cost down and the
speed to process up," he said.

"Sequencing is a chemical process. There is no reason why we can't check the
food on our plate [and] send the signal out to a database electronically.
GPS used to be as big as refrigerators and only used by the government. Now
it's a common application in a phone."

The students worked under Jesse H. Asusubel of Rockefeller University, a
champion of DNA bar coding.

They say the project wasn't work. "It didn't feel like a chore. It wasn't
time-consuming at all," Stoeckle said. "I'm hoping to get more public
interest so it can become cheaper and more common."

Asked whether she's less inclined to eat sushi, she said, "I've eaten it,
like, 50 times since, so I don't think so."

Posted to alt.food.sushi,aus.legal,can.legal,japan.fishing,misc.legal,uk.legal

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 23:59:21 -0600, "Reality_Check©"
> wrote:

>DNA testing uncovers suspect sushi
> a.. Two teenage girls decided to test 60 samples of seafood
>
> b.. They used a genetic fingerprinting technique to see if the fish were
>labeled correctly
>
> c.. Samples were collected from four restaurants and 10 grocery stores
>
> d.. The results showed 25 percent of the girls' samples were mislabeled

And do be sure to check that "lobster" closely before you eat it.

Is that fresh water that lobster is living in?
If it is, it ain't no lobster.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0854908.html

A true lobster will die in fresh water.
Well ok, it's gonna die before you eat it anyway.

A giant crawfish, which thrives in fresh water can easily be mistaken
for a lobster if you don't know the difference.

Posted to alt.food.sushi,aus.legal,can.legal,uk.legal

On Aug 24, 5:59 pm, "Reality_Check©" > wrote:
> DNA testing uncovers suspect sushi
> a.. Two teenage girls decided to test 60 samples of seafood
>
> b.. They used a genetic fingerprinting technique to see if the fish were
> labeled correctly

Following in the steps of a couple of New Zealand schoolgirls.

They wanted to check out a vitamin C test procedure and chose a
substance allegedly full of it, but got a very low result. They
intially 'blamed' their mehod, but finally came to the conclusion that
the manufacturer were 'full of it' when making their claims about
vitamin C content. A certain multinational pharmacutical / food
company subsequently had a rather painful day in court. The girls'
science project was successful beyond their wildest dreams.

See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribena

Posted to alt.food.sushi

> "It's not the fishermen, and it might not even be the restaurants," she
> said. "Most likely, the mislabeling is occurring somewhere at the
> distribution level."

Bad Moonies!
Posted to alt.food.sushi,aus.legal,can.legal,japan.fishing,misc.legal,uk.legal

"Reality_Check©" > wrote in message
> DNA testing uncovers suspect sushi

<snip>
> For example, fish sold as white tuna turned out to be cheaper Mozambique
> tilapia, flying roe fish was replaced with smelt, and red snapper was
> mislabeled as Atlantic cod and Acadian redfish, an endangered species.

<snip>

I can't imagine ever mistaking "White Tuna" whether it be Albacore or
Escolar
and any species of Tilapia.
Tilapia, under the name Izumi Dai, was found to be a cheap substituite for
Tai (Bream)
as it's flesh is similar to members of the Snapper family.

Masago (Big Mouth Smelt/Capelin roe) being passed off as Flying Fish Roe
(Tobiko)
I can understand. Especially when both are colored brightly.

I would have a very hard time being convinced that Red Snapper I was eating
was
actually Atlantic Cod since the flesh, although both are white, are not
similar. Cod has
a musculature different from Red Snapper. It would be easier to pass off
Grouper
as Cod.
But I think the puzzling aspect of this is that Cod is never served as sushi
in the first place.
It's not a mainstream sushi ingredient in Japan much less in the U.S.
As for Acadian Redfish(Akauo) I can't comment since I had no idea they were
served
as sushi. In fact I have my doubts as Akauo is usually a Nabemono or Nitsuke
both cooked dishes.

Musashi

Posted to alt.food.sushi,aus.legal,can.legal,japan.fishing,misc.legal,uk.legal

Musashi wrote:
> "Reality_Check©" > wrote in message
>> DNA testing uncovers suspect sushi

> <snip>
>> For example, fish sold as white tuna turned out to be cheaper
>> Mozambique tilapia, flying roe fish was replaced with smelt, and red
>> snapper was mislabeled as Atlantic cod and Acadian redfish, an
>> endangered species. <snip>

> I can't imagine ever mistaking "White Tuna" whether it be Albacore or
> Escolar and any species of Tilapia.

How about mistaking "Pollock" for Crab ?

> Tilapia, under the name Izumi Dai, was found to be a cheap
> substituite for Tai (Bream) as it's flesh is similar to members of the Snapper
> family.
>
> Masago (Big Mouth Smelt/Capelin roe) being passed off as Flying Fish
> Roe (Tobiko)
> I can understand. Especially when both are colored brightly.
>
> I would have a very hard time being convinced that Red Snapper I was
> eating was
> actually Atlantic Cod since the flesh, although both are white, are
> not similar. Cod has
> a musculature different from Red Snapper. It would be easier to pass
> off Grouper
> as Cod.
> But I think the puzzling aspect of this is that Cod is never served
> as sushi in the first place.
> It's not a mainstream sushi ingredient in Japan much less in the U.S.
> As for Acadian Redfish(Akauo) I can't comment since I had no idea
> they were served
> as sushi. In fact I have my doubts as Akauo is usually a Nabemono or
> Nitsuke both cooked dishes.
>
> Musashi

Posted to alt.food.sushi

Musashi wrote:
> "Reality_Check©" > wrote in message
>
>>DNA testing uncovers suspect sushi

> <snip>
>
>>For example, fish sold as white tuna turned out to be cheaper Mozambique
>>tilapia, flying roe fish was replaced with smelt, and red snapper was
>>mislabeled as Atlantic cod and Acadian redfish, an endangered species.

> <snip>
>
> I can't imagine ever mistaking "White Tuna" whether it be Albacore or
> Escolar
> and any species of Tilapia.
> Tilapia, under the name Izumi Dai, was found to be a cheap substituite for
> Tai (Bream)
> as it's flesh is similar to members of the Snapper family.

Yeah, especially escolar. Tilapia is nowhere near as white or rich in taste
and texture. Albacore is extremely tender, so that doesn't match Tilapia
either. Only time I've had someone try to swap Tilapia for yellowtail was
at a supermarket sushi stall.

> Masago (Big Mouth Smelt/Capelin roe) being passed off as Flying Fish Roe
> (Tobiko)
> I can understand. Especially when both are colored brightly.

I can't always tell them apart either.. and to me they seem mostly the same
unless eaten gunkan style.

> I would have a very hard time being convinced that Red Snapper I was eating
> was actually Atlantic Cod since the flesh, although both are white, are not
> similar. Cod has a musculature different from Red Snapper. It would be easier
> to pass off Grouper as Cod.
> But I think the puzzling aspect of this is that Cod is never served as sushi
> in the first place.
> It's not a mainstream sushi ingredient in Japan much less in the U.S.
> As for Acadian Redfish(Akauo) I can't comment since I had no idea they were
> served
> as sushi. In fact I have my doubts as Akauo is usually a Nabemono or Nitsuke
> both cooked dishes.

These have to be some sketchy places trying to pull off things like this.
I'm lucky my favorite sushi bar has an experienced Japan trained chef/owner
that cares about the quality and selection. There's only a few places around
my area that I trust the chef completely.

--
Dan
Posted to alt.food.sushi

_ Prof. Jonez _ wrote:
> Musashi wrote:
>
>>"Reality_Check©" > wrote in message
>>
>>>DNA testing uncovers suspect sushi

>><snip>
>>
>>>For example, fish sold as white tuna turned out to be cheaper
>>>Mozambique tilapia, flying roe fish was replaced with smelt, and red
>>>snapper was mislabeled as Atlantic cod and Acadian redfish, an
>>>endangered species. <snip>

>>I can't imagine ever mistaking "White Tuna" whether it be Albacore or
>>Escolar and any species of Tilapia.

> How about mistaking "Pollock" for Crab ?

I've only once had real crab leg meat at a sushi bar.. so I know it fake
pretty much everywhere. It was a crab roll, straight up with nothing else
I think. It was a bit watery for me.. I'm not a big crab person.

--
Dan
Posted to alt.food.sushi,aus.legal,can.legal,japan.fishing,misc.legal,uk.legal

> As for Acadian Redfish(Akauo) I can't comment since I had no idea they were
> served
> as sushi. In fact I have my doubts as Akauo is usually a Nabemono or Nitsuke
> both cooked dishes.
>
> Musashi

Hi,

well acadian could mean off the coast of Canada... the acadians are
kinda sorta the quebecois...

but probably Louisiana Redfish, I heard something a few years ago that
now Louisiana Redfish (silver fish with spot at tail) were illegal but
Texas redfish (same fish, a mile away) weren't...

never seen it served as sushi, but in restaurants you used to see
redfish all the time.

kinda like a sea trout... never seen it as sushi but really nice meuniere

--

Hackamore
http://www.hackamore.com
Posted to alt.food.sushi,alt.memphis.dining

>> How about mistaking "Pollock" for Crab ?

> I've only once had real crab leg meat at a sushi bar.. so I know it fake
> pretty much everywhere. It was a crab roll, straight up with nothing else
> I think. It was a bit watery for me.. I'm not a big crab person.

Hi,

in about 1990 I had my first Sushi experience at Sekisui in Memphis...
then the itamaesan was the owner, Jimmy Ishi (who drank beer behind the
sushi bar).

he's gone big time now, a bunch of restaurants of his own, some
franchises, a travel agency and no longer is the man behind the board.

HE fixed rolls with real crab leg and they were good. When he was there
it was old school... if you were a regular he just fixed you sushi...
the menu had little or nothing to do with what you got since a lot of it
wasn't ON the menu.

but I've never seen them since.

and Sekisui is still the best sushi in the memphis area... the original
is the best... midtown has it's own kinda hip character (and they've
fixed the unsightly non-working moat)... and the new Cordova location
has really been doing really nice stuff. My wife and I are becoming
regulars there.

--

Hackamore
http://www.hackamore.com
http://hackamoretravel.blogspot.com

Posted to alt.food.sushi,aus.legal,can.legal,japan.fishing,misc.legal,uk.legal

"_ Prof. Jonez _" > wrote in message
> Musashi wrote:
>> "Reality_Check©" > wrote in message
>>> DNA testing uncovers suspect sushi

>> <snip>
>>> For example, fish sold as white tuna turned out to be cheaper
>>> Mozambique tilapia, flying roe fish was replaced with smelt, and red
>>> snapper was mislabeled as Atlantic cod and Acadian redfish, an
>>> endangered species. <snip>

>> I can't imagine ever mistaking "White Tuna" whether it be Albacore or
>> Escolar and any species of Tilapia.

> How about mistaking "Pollock" for Crab ?

Ah yes, the infamous Kani-Kama (from Kani/crab and Kamaboko/fish cake).
I see them in the supermarket sushi packs sometimes.
And I will admit to using them sometimes when making Temaki zushi (hand
rolls).
But no place I go to carries Kanikam in their counter case, only real
Tarabagani (King Crab).

Posted to alt.food.sushi,aus.legal,can.legal,japan.fishing,misc.legal,uk.legal

"Anonymouse" > wrote in message
. ..

>> As for Acadian Redfish(Akauo) I can't comment since I had no idea they
>> were served
>> as sushi. In fact I have my doubts as Akauo is usually a Nabemono or
>> Nitsuke
>> both cooked dishes.
>>
>> Musashi

> Hi,
>
> well acadian could mean off the coast of Canada... the acadians are kinda
> sorta the quebecois...
>
> but probably Louisiana Redfish, I heard something a few years ago that now
> Louisiana Redfish (silver fish with spot at tail) were illegal but Texas
> redfish (same fish, a mile away) weren't...
>
> never seen it served as sushi, but in restaurants you used to see redfish
> all the time.
>
> kinda like a sea trout... never seen it as sushi but really nice meuniere

Yes, the "Acadian" in the name confused me a bit but I am fairly certain
that Acadian Redfish is Akauo,
a pacific deep sea "sea perch" type of fish that always has it's eyeballs
popped out from being pulled up
from the depths and sudden loss of water pressure.
Redfish, as in Blackened Redfish or Louisiana Redfish refers to the Channel
Bass or Red Drum
which is actually a large member of the croaker family, doesn't exist in the
Pacific although some
smaller croakers do. In Japan these small (12-18") croakers called Ishimochi
aren't used for sushi
doe to softness of flesh and lack of taste, although they are widely used in
cooked form.
No one I am aware of has ever tested and reported on using the Southern US
Redfish for sushi,
despite it being widely known as a very good table fish.

Musashi

Posted to alt.food.sushi

"Dan Logcher" > wrote in message
> Musashi wrote:
>> "Reality_Check©" > wrote in message
>>
>>>DNA testing uncovers suspect sushi

>> <snip>
>>
>>>For example, fish sold as white tuna turned out to be cheaper Mozambique
>>>tilapia, flying roe fish was replaced with smelt, and red snapper was
>>>mislabeled as Atlantic cod and Acadian redfish, an endangered species.

>> <snip>
>>
>> I can't imagine ever mistaking "White Tuna" whether it be Albacore or
>> Escolar
>> and any species of Tilapia.
>> Tilapia, under the name Izumi Dai, was found to be a cheap substituite
>> for Tai (Bream)
>> as it's flesh is similar to members of the Snapper family.

> Yeah, especially escolar. Tilapia is nowhere near as white or rich in
> taste
> and texture. Albacore is extremely tender, so that doesn't match Tilapia
> either. Only time I've had someone try to swap Tilapia for yellowtail was
> at a supermarket sushi stall.
>
>> Masago (Big Mouth Smelt/Capelin roe) being passed off as Flying Fish Roe
>> (Tobiko)
>> I can understand. Especially when both are colored brightly.

> I can't always tell them apart either.. and to me they seem mostly the
> same
> unless eaten gunkan style.
>
>> I would have a very hard time being convinced that Red Snapper I was
>> eating was actually Atlantic Cod since the flesh, although both are
>> white, are not similar. Cod has a musculature different from Red Snapper.
>> It would be easier
> > to pass off Grouper as Cod.
>> But I think the puzzling aspect of this is that Cod is never served as
>> sushi in the first place.
>> It's not a mainstream sushi ingredient in Japan much less in the U.S.
>> As for Acadian Redfish(Akauo) I can't comment since I had no idea they
>> were served
>> as sushi. In fact I have my doubts as Akauo is usually a Nabemono or
>> Nitsuke
>> both cooked dishes.

> These have to be some sketchy places trying to pull off things like this.
> I'm lucky my favorite sushi bar has an experienced Japan trained
> chef/owner
> that cares about the quality and selection. There's only a few places
> around
> my area that I trust the chef completely.

I've never been to any place that tried to pull off the kind of switches
that the
article decribes, and I suppose I'm lucky that I haven't.

Posted to alt.food.sushi,aus.legal,can.legal,japan.fishing,misc.legal,uk.legal

Musashi wrote:
> "_ Prof. Jonez _" > wrote in message
>> Musashi wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> I can't imagine ever mistaking "White Tuna" whether it be Albacore
>>> or Escolar and any species of Tilapia.

>> How about mistaking "Pollock" for Crab ?
>>

> Ah yes, the infamous Kani-Kama (from Kani/crab and Kamaboko/fish
> cake). I see them in the supermarket sushi packs sometimes.
> And I will admit to using them sometimes when making Temaki zushi
> (hand rolls).

So why deceive/defraud people when it comes to "Crab" but
not other types of seafood?

Would you serve fake "scallops" to your customers?

> But no place I go to carries Kanikam in their counter case, only real
> Tarabagani (King Crab).

Posted to alt.food.sushi,aus.legal,can.legal,japan.fishing,misc.legal,uk.legal

Musashi wrote:
> "_ Prof. Jonez _" > wrote in message
>
>>Musashi wrote:
>>
>>>"Reality_Check©" > wrote in message

>>How about mistaking "Pollock" for Crab ?
>>

> Ah yes, the infamous Kani-Kama (from Kani/crab and Kamaboko/fish cake).
> I see them in the supermarket sushi packs sometimes.
> And I will admit to using them sometimes when making Temaki zushi (hand
> rolls).
> But no place I go to carries Kanikam in their counter case, only real
> Tarabagani (King Crab).

I've only been to one place that had real King Crab, Hatsuhana in NYC.
I'm pretty much always expecting fake crab when I see Kani-Kama on the menu.
To me this is not deception, since the majority of places are serving fake
crab.. and its pretty easy to tell the difference.

--
Dan

Posted to alt.food.sushi,aus.legal,can.legal,japan.fishing,misc.legal,uk.legal

Dan Logcher wrote:
> Musashi wrote:

>>> How about mistaking "Pollock" for Crab ?
>>>

>> Ah yes, the infamous Kani-Kama (from Kani/crab and Kamaboko/fish
>> cake). I see them in the supermarket sushi packs sometimes.
>> And I will admit to using them sometimes when making Temaki zushi
>> (hand rolls).
>> But no place I go to carries Kanikam in their counter case, only real
>> Tarabagani (King Crab).

> I've only been to one place that had real King Crab, Hatsuhana in NYC.
> I'm pretty much always expecting fake crab when I see Kani-Kama on
> the menu. To me this is not deception, since the majority of places
> are serving fake crab.. and its pretty easy to tell the difference.

And when the English menu clearly states "Crab", not "Krab" or
"crappy junk-fish with red dye and flavoring" ?

So if the fraud/deception is as you claim
wide spread, then it isn't a fraud/deception anymore, eh?

How about if they start selling "ground chuck" as "Kobe Beef" ?

Posted to alt.food.sushi,aus.legal,can.legal,japan.fishing,misc.legal,uk.legal

"_ Prof. Jonez _" > wrote in message
> Musashi wrote:

>>> How about mistaking "Pollock" for Crab ?
>>>

>> Ah yes, the infamous Kani-Kama (from Kani/crab and Kamaboko/fish
>> cake). I see them in the supermarket sushi packs sometimes.
>> And I will admit to using them sometimes when making Temaki zushi
>> (hand rolls).

> So why deceive/defraud people when it comes to "Crab" but
> not other types of seafood?
>
> Would you serve fake "scallops" to your customers?

I don't serve people so I obvously I don't deceive/defraud them.
Kani-Kama since introduced has never been labeled as "crab" anywhere
and the ingredients usually Alaskan Pollock is written on every package.
If any establishment is represting this stuff as "real crabmeat" then
certainly
they are being deceitful.
In Japan he name alone suggests that it's Kamaboko. The physical
appearance of crab is just aesthetics.
I'm not aware what it's called in the US, although I've heard some people
call it "fake crab".
As for scallops, agaion, I don't serve people. But I certainly would not
use skate wings or any other "fake" scallops. In Japan, and in Europe I
believe,
scallops are always sold whole in the shell so it's pretty much impossible
to sell/buy fake scallops.

Musashi

Posted to alt.food.sushi,aus.legal,can.legal,japan.fishing,misc.legal,uk.legal

_ Prof. Jonez _ wrote:
> Dan Logcher wrote:
>
>>Musashi wrote:

>>>Ah yes, the infamous Kani-Kama (from Kani/crab and Kamaboko/fish
>>>cake). I see them in the supermarket sushi packs sometimes.
>>>And I will admit to using them sometimes when making Temaki zushi
>>>(hand rolls).
>>>But no place I go to carries Kanikam in their counter case, only real
>>>Tarabagani (King Crab).

>>I've only been to one place that had real King Crab, Hatsuhana in NYC.
>>I'm pretty much always expecting fake crab when I see Kani-Kama on
>>the menu. To me this is not deception, since the majority of places
>>are serving fake crab.. and its pretty easy to tell the difference.

> And when the English menu clearly states "Crab", not "Krab" or
> "crappy junk-fish with red dye and flavoring" ?
>
> So if the fraud/deception is as you claim
> wide spread, then it isn't a fraud/deception anymore, eh?
>
> How about if they start selling "ground chuck" as "Kobe Beef" ?

You can make up all the silly scenarios you want. To me it seems
pretty obvious when I see crab on the menu I know its the fake kind.
I've only seen real crab once at a sushi bar, and it was listed on
their specials board.

--
Dan
Posted to alt.food.sushi,aus.legal,can.legal,japan.fishing,misc.legal,uk.legal

Dan Logcher wrote:
> _ Prof. Jonez _ wrote:
>> Dan Logcher wrote:

>>> I've only been to one place that had real King Crab, Hatsuhana in
>>> NYC. I'm pretty much always expecting fake crab when I see
>>> Kani-Kama on the menu. To me this is not deception, since the
>>> majority of places are serving fake crab.. and its pretty easy to
>>> tell the difference.

>> And when the English menu clearly states "Crab", not "Krab" or
>> "crappy junk-fish with red dye and flavoring" ?
>>
>> So if the fraud/deception is as you claim
>> wide spread, then it isn't a fraud/deception anymore, eh?
>>
>> How about if they start selling "ground chuck" as "Kobe Beef" ?

> You can make up all the silly scenarios you want.

So you don't believe that fake Kobe Beef is beind served anywhere, eh numbnuts?

> To me it seems pretty obvious

Well then, that settles it ...

> when I see crab on the menu I know its the fake kind.

And when you see "Organic" labels on food, do you assume
it's fake too ?

> I've only seen real crab once at a sushi bar,

Well then, that must be the case for all frames of reference ...

> and it was listed on their specials board.

Posted to alt.food.sushi,aus.legal,can.legal,japan.fishing,misc.legal,uk.legal

_ Prof. Jonez _ wrote:
> Dan Logcher wrote:
>
>>_ Prof. Jonez _ wrote:

>>>And when the English menu clearly states "Crab", not "Krab" or
>>>"crappy junk-fish with red dye and flavoring" ?
>>>
>>>So if the fraud/deception is as you claim
>>>wide spread, then it isn't a fraud/deception anymore, eh?
>>>
>>>How about if they start selling "ground chuck" as "Kobe Beef" ?

>>You can make up all the silly scenarios you want.

> So you don't believe that fake Kobe Beef is beind served anywhere, eh numbnuts?

Just not interested in discussing all your silly scenarios. Goodbye.

--
Dan

Posted to alt.food.sushi,aus.legal,can.legal,japan.fishing,misc.legal,uk.legal

Dan Logcher wrote:
> _ Prof. Jonez _ wrote:
>> Dan Logcher wrote:

>>> You can make up all the silly scenarios you want.

>> So you don't believe that fake Kobe Beef is beind served anywhere,
>> eh numbnuts?

> Just not interested in discussing all your silly scenarios. Goodbye.

B'bye jackass ... and don't come back.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On 2008-08-27 18:10:27 -0700, "_ Prof. Jonez _" > said:

>>> So you don't believe that fake Kobe Beef is beind served anywhere,
>>> eh numbnuts?

>> Just not interested in discussing all your silly scenarios. Goodbye.

> B'bye jackass ... and don't come back.

Let this be a lesson to y'all to take note of xposting to idiot land.
In this case that would be somewhere in this nexus:

aus.legal,can.legal,japan.fishing,misc.legal,uk.le gal
--
Dogmatism kills jazz. Iconoclasm kills rock. Rock dulls scissors.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

"Gerry" > wrote in message

>>> Just not interested in discussing all your silly scenarios. Goodbye.

>> B'bye jackass ... and don't come back.

> Let this be a lesson to y'all to take note of xposting to idiot land. In
> this case that would be somewhere in this nexus:
>
> aus.legal,can.legal,japan.fishing,misc.legal,uk.le gal
> --
> Dogmatism kills jazz. Iconoclasm kills rock. Rock dulls scissors.

Actually, you will find those two (Prof. Jonez & Reality Check) in other
groups spewing different stuff with the same intent.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On 2008-08-29 17:22:54 -0700, "Bill Barnes" > said:

>>> B'bye jackass ... and don't come back.

>> Let this be a lesson to y'all to take note of xposting to idiot land. In
>> this case that would be somewhere in this nexus:
>>
>> aus.legal,can.legal,japan.fishing,misc.legal,uk.le gal

> Actually, you will find those two (Prof. Jonez & Reality Check) in other
> groups spewing different stuff with the same intent.

Oh yeah, idiotland is vast. The most important thing is that when you
find someone hereabouts unexpectedly gnawing on your leg, check the
newsgroup crossposts and you'll undoubtedly find a pointer to
stenchtown.

Having long since killed RichAsianShmuck, I rarely find anything but
good intent in this newsgroup. Of course the traffic here isn't
exactly a spigot...
--
Dogmatism kills jazz. Iconoclasm kills rock. Rock dulls scissors.