Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default sushi dream

I had a crazy dream. I was at a sushi party and there were these
worms springing out of the raw fish. The crazy part is that it didn't
bother me.
Posted to alt.food.sushi

James wrote:
> I had a crazy dream. I was at a sushi party and there were these
> worms springing out of the raw fish. The crazy part is that it didn't
> bother me.

That's funny.. I just had a dream about sushi too, but without the worms.

--
Dan
Posted to alt.food.sushi

sometime in the recent past Dan Logcher posted this:
> James wrote:
>> I had a crazy dream. I was at a sushi party and there were these
>> worms springing out of the raw fish. The crazy part is that it didn't
>> bother me.

> That's funny.. I just had a dream about sushi too, but without the worms.

You must have gotten to that party earlier than James ;-)

--
Wilson N44º39' W67º12'
Posted to alt.food.sushi

Wilson wrote:

> sometime in the recent past Dan Logcher posted this:
>
>> James wrote:
>>
>>> I had a crazy dream. I was at a sushi party and there were these
>>> worms springing out of the raw fish. The crazy part is that it didn't
>>> bother me.

>> That's funny.. I just had a dream about sushi too, but without the worms.
>>

> You must have gotten to that party earlier than James ;-)

Yes, it hadn't started yet.. but I still grabbed a saba nigiri. I couldn't
help myself. And I didn't stick around for the rest of the party. DOH!

--
Dan
Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Jul 20, 10:54*am, Dan Logcher > wrote:
> Wilson wrote:
> > sometime in the recent past Dan Logcher posted this:

> >> That's funny.. I just had a dream about sushi too, but without the worms.

> > You must have gotten to that party earlier than James ;-)

> Yes, it hadn't started yet.. but I still grabbed a saba nigiri. *I couldn't
> help myself. *And I didn't stick around for the rest of the party. *DOH!
>
> --
> Dan

I avoid mackerel because cooked mackerel, cod and some other fish
gives me hives. Don't know what in those fish I'm allergic to.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

"James" > wrote in message
On Jul 20, 10:54 am, Dan Logcher > wrote:
> Wilson wrote:
> > sometime in the recent past Dan Logcher posted this:

> >> That's funny.. I just had a dream about sushi too, but without the
> >> worms.

> > You must have gotten to that party earlier than James ;-)

> Yes, it hadn't started yet.. but I still grabbed a saba nigiri. I couldn't
> help myself. And I didn't stick around for the rest of the party. DOH!
>
> --
> Dan

>I avoid mackerel because cooked mackerel, cod and some other fish
>gives me hives. Don't know what in those fish I'm allergic to.

Mackerel, unless fresh or fresh prior to marination or cooking, is known to
cause allergic reactions
such as a rash which are I believe histamine based, similar to scromboid
poisoning which can occur in
members of the tuna/mackerel family.
Cod however is not known for this and if one has any allergic reaction to it
I would suggest being
tested for allergy to iodine, in which case most seafoods are potential
problems particulary crustaceans .

Posted to alt.food.sushi

James wrote:

> On Jul 20, 10:54 am, Dan Logcher > wrote:
>
>>Wilson wrote:
>>
>>>sometime in the recent past Dan Logcher posted this:

>>>You must have gotten to that party earlier than James ;-)

>>Yes, it hadn't started yet.. but I still grabbed a saba nigiri. I couldn't
>>help myself. And I didn't stick around for the rest of the party. DOH!
>>
>>--
>>Dan

> I avoid mackerel because cooked mackerel, cod and some other fish
> gives me hives. Don't know what in those fish I'm allergic to.

Ah, a histamine reaction. Its Scombroid poisoning, or at least a
sensitivity to it.
http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~ear/FLSCROM.html

Fresh mackerel shouldn't cause this issue, I woulnd't think. Not sure
what the issue is with Cod, since they are not of the same species as
mackerel.

--
Dan
Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Jul 20, 12:21*pm, Dan Logcher > wrote:
> James wrote:

> >>Yes, it hadn't started yet.. but I still grabbed a saba nigiri. *I couldn't
> >>help myself. *And I didn't stick around for the rest of the party. *DOH!

> >>--
> >>Dan

> > I avoid mackerel because cooked mackerel, cod and some other fish
> > gives me hives. *Don't know what in those fish I'm allergic to.

> Ah, a histamine reaction. *Its Scombroid poisoning, or at least a
> sensitivity to it.http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~ear/FLSCROM.html
>
> Fresh mackerel shouldn't cause this issue, I woulnd't think. *Not sure
> what the issue is with Cod, since they are not of the same species as
> mackerel.
>
> --
> Dan- Hide quoted text -

I think it's allergic reactions in my case because it happens every
time I eat those fish. Usually a McD fish sandwich or two will give
me hives. I though blue crabs didn't affect me till I ate 12 in one
sitting. Never had a chance to eat enough lobsters to get a
reaction. Eating all you can eat shrimp have no effect on me.
Posted to alt.food.sushi

James wrote:
> On Jul 20, 12:21 pm, Dan Logcher > wrote:
>
>>James wrote:

>>>I avoid mackerel because cooked mackerel, cod and some other fish
>>>gives me hives. Don't know what in those fish I'm allergic to.

>>Ah, a histamine reaction. Its Scombroid poisoning, or at least a
>>sensitivity to it.http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~ear/FLSCROM.html
>>
>>Fresh mackerel shouldn't cause this issue, I woulnd't think. Not sure
>>what the issue is with Cod, since they are not of the same species as
>>mackerel.
>>

> I think it's allergic reactions in my case because it happens every
> time I eat those fish. Usually a McD fish sandwich or two will give
> me hives. I though blue crabs didn't affect me till I ate 12 in one
> sitting. Never had a chance to eat enough lobsters to get a
> reaction. Eating all you can eat shrimp have no effect on me.

Interesting. My bet is still on a histamine reaction from a sensitivity
to finfish maybe.

--
Dan
Posted to alt.food.sushi

I ate a mess of raw oysters two days in a row and I broke out in a
rash.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

I'm not normally bothered by shellfish. Maybe there was something
wrong with those oysters. Years ago I pigged out on a huge sack of
raw clams and I got very sick afterwards - flu like symptoms. Maybe it
was just a coincidence and I just happened to come down with the
flu...
Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 10:43:51 -0400, Wilson wrote
(in article >):

> sometime in the recent past Dan Logcher posted this:
>> James wrote:
>>> I had a crazy dream. I was at a sushi party and there were these
>>> worms springing out of the raw fish. The crazy part is that it didn't
>>> bother me.

>> That's funny.. I just had a dream about sushi too, but without the worms.
>>

> You must have gotten to that party earlier than James ;-)

If he had, there might not have been any left for James. Especially the
salmon.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

David E. Cote wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 10:43:51 -0400, Wilson wrote
> (in article >):
>

>>sometime in the recent past Dan Logcher posted this:

>>>That's funny.. I just had a dream about sushi too, but without the worms.
>>>

>>You must have gotten to that party earlier than James ;-)

> If he had, there might not have been any left for James. Especially the
> salmon.

WHY YOU!!!!!

Well, you're right! But I snagged a saba in my dream.

--
Dan