Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default Some Katsuo

I ran across some decent Katsuo Tataki so I whipped up
some Sushi Rice, mixed some Shiso, topped it with Myoga and Katsuo-Bushi.
Ponzu on top.

The photo is at:
alt.binaries.food

Posted to alt.food.sushi

I don't know where your photo is, M, but looky he

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluelotus/47582083/

Yum yum, that looks great! I've never had that dish.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I don't know where your photo is, M, but looky he
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluelotus/47582083/
>
> Yum yum, that looks great! I've never had that dish.

The photo is at the newsgroup alt.binaries.food

Yes that's a fairly straight-up presentation of Katsuo no Tataki. The site
says Katsuo is SkipJack tuna" but
that's not true. Katsuo is Bonito. Skipjack is called
"ha-gatsuo" and eaten the same way but the flesh tends
to be slightly lighter colored, more towards pink, than
Bonito.

I see the Yakumi (condiments) used are very close to what I used. In the
southern part of Japan in Kyushu
they put raw garlic and sometimes even a bit of sesame
oil which gives it an extra kick.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On 2007-09-28 07:22:58 -0700, said:

> I don't know where your photo is, M, but looky he

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluelotus/47582083/

> Yum yum, that looks great! I've never had that dish.

Really? It's around here in the fall. In fact they only time I
encounter katsuo is in fall. Long ago when chef's would trot out
something good I'd always ask when the best season for it was. With
this one I remember well that it was fall. Of course when things get
popular they begin chasing them down year round sometimes.
--
///---