Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Flax Seed Meal in Sourdough Muffins

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. I plan to make blue
berry muffins with the left over starter. I plan to use flax seed
meal in place of ¼ the whole wheat flour in the muffins. Because flax
seed meal is very oily, should I reduce the amount of oil in the
recipe?

Here are the ingredients of the recipe, (modified slightly from Mike
Avery’s), before the flax seed meal addition:

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

¼ cup Canola oil

1 cup sourdough starter

1 cup whole wheat flour

1 tsp baking soda

¼ cup Splenda

½ cup fresh blueberries

REC: Oopsie rolls and Flax Meal bread/muffins Jerry Avins General Cooking 1 17-08-2011 03:39 PM
Flax Seed Crunch International Recipes OnLine[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 02-12-2008 04:07 AM
stuff to do with almond meal and flax meal Jackie Patti[_2_] Diabetic 6 17-11-2007 03:58 AM
Flax Seed Cougar Diabetic 5 10-07-2007 10:06 AM
Orange Flax Seed Muffins Jennifer Blackwell Recipes (moderated) 0 23-01-2005 02:51 AM