Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Help and URGENT!

Ok - my starter has been starting for the last six days and looks
fantastic - no commercial starter just the process from whole wheat flour
and water. What do I do next?

I want this loaf to be purrrrfect and am relying totally on you folks to
tell me what to do. I am in the UK so use Imperial measurements but do have
American Cups to hand. I was going to do a Rye bread but have failed to get
any flour and I want to bake something good, and of course edable, for the
weekend.

Waiting for a response from everyone off the group - holding my breath in
anticipation ........ ;-0

--

Di

"The hurrier I am the behinder I get"

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 20:49:33 +0000 (UTC), "Di Brookman"
> wrote:

>I want this loaf to be purrrrfect

>"The hurrier I am the behinder I get"

Hi again Di,

Your request and signature speak volumes when taken
together...<g>

Forget about perfection. Instead, I'd suggest that you start
with a basic sourdough white bread (perhaps as described in
the FAQ.)

Bake your first load and write down everything you do in the
process from flour to finished loaf.

Then, enjoy the results of your first effort.

Post a description of your results and tell us what you were
happy with, or what you would like to improve.

Many will be happy to help at that point.

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Start with some good Sourdough Books and get familiar with the subject.
There is a lot of basic information available online if you just type
in Sourdough and look around.
Good luck,
Teresa

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

"northwestsourdough.com" > said
to someone(?):

> Start with some good Sourdough Books and get familiar with the subject.
> There is a lot of basic information available online if you just type
> in Sourdough and look around.

Yes, Googling <sourdough> should bring up Darrell Greenwood's FAQ
index. That is a good place to start. There are some book reviews
mentioned there.

Urgent ...need help [email protected] Cooking Equipment 3 08-06-2007 03:42 AM
Urgent ...need help [email protected] General Cooking 11 08-06-2007 01:34 AM
URGENT...PLEASE R S Tea 0 26-06-2004 08:26 PM
URGENT...PLEASE R S Beer 0 26-06-2004 08:25 PM
URGENT>>>PLEASE!!! R S Wine 0 26-06-2004 08:14 PM