Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Bread question

Last week I made two loaves of SD bread using only ww flour and instead
of doing the mixing and kneading by hand, I chose the Kitchen Aid with
dough hook. The bread turned out great, soft inside with a great
taste, but it was more "crumbly" than when I make it totally by hand.

Does this mean that the dough was over kneaded? I used only ww flour
and salt in the recipe.

John

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

When did you put the salt in?

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

I mixed the flour, water, and starter, let it sit for 5 or so minutes,
then added sea salt (2 tsps), then began the kneading. This is way I
have done it everytime. The only different variable was the electric
mixer.

John

Burning question, rye bread Zz Yzx General Cooking 17 24-01-2012 05:23 AM
Bread question maxine in ri General Cooking 23 16-01-2008 02:58 AM
bread making question FarmerGirl Baking 6 16-01-2006 09:13 PM
bread question Steph G.B Baking 16 06-09-2004 05:53 AM
bread question Bev Medcalf Baking 5 29-08-2004 08:16 PM