Dick Adams

Default Other loaves

I have been asked for the recipe for my bread-machine part whole wheat
of by this by several persons, including the person who brought us the
"Odessa" part rye loaf shown at

So, here it is:
http://www.prettycolors.com/bread%5Fculture/BMWW/

So it is not sourdough! So what?!!! It is a lot more fun than hooch research.

The taste of whole wheat rather overwhelms the more subtle tastes of
sourdough, anyway. And I have never been able to get a very impressive
rise with whole wheat flour, until I worked out this thing (above) with the
bread machine.

With regard to the SeimFreddi part-rye loaf: Mrs. Adams wants me to make
such bread. I have not tried yet, but I figure I could get pretty close with my
standard "billowy" recipe, except to replace the flour up to the sponge
with rye flour, and to skip the sponge, that is to say, to go right from the
10 fl. oz. of activated culture (now rye sour) to the final dough (the rest with
bread flour). Samartha has been recommending something like that. The answer
here would seem to be to lace it thoroughly with caraway seed, because that
taste overwhelmed, case of SemiFreddi's loaf. Question remains what to
embed in the top crust to make the loaves look like the SemiFreddi loaf.
SemiFreddi's was pretty dense. I do not have any trouble making dense bread.

I let you know if it works out.

--
Dicky

Loaves and fishes MisterDiddyWahDiddy General Cooking 23 22-01-2016 07:35 PM
Two Loaves SLBaker Recipes (moderated) 0 07-07-2009 06:13 PM
Flakey Loaves hutchndi Sourdough 2 17-12-2005 02:00 PM
Other loaves Dick Adams Sourdough 1 31-10-2005 02:19 PM
Small Ham Loaves Maureen Recipes (moderated) 0 04-02-2005 04:15 AM