Guy Snape

Default Flavoured sourdough - is it worth it?

I've started adding some flavouring ingredients to my sourdough loaves:
chili, parmesan or blue cheese, walnuts, garlic ... (not all at once).
Results have been good so far, but I don't know if it's worth the extra
time and effort of using sourdough for these loaves instead of
commercial yeast, since the subtle and interesting sourdough flavours
are rather dominated by the added flavours.

What's the opinion of the group on this one?

- guy
--
Remove the obvious to reply.