FoodBanter.com

-   Sourdough (https://www.foodbanter.com/sourdough/)
-   -   semi-hot soups in cold fridge (https://www.foodbanter.com/sourdough/444023-semi-hot-soups-cold.html)

notbob 13-07-2018 03:40 PM

semi-hot soups in cold fridge

i've been watching old episodes of Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares
(USA edition). More than once I've heard him tear into a chef for
putting "hot" anything into a cold refrigerator. He claims it makes the
item "sour". True?

I put semi-hot soups into the fridge to cool faster. Letting the
soup/whatever cool on the range, then putting in fridge, causes hot item
to spoil sooner, IME.

What say the brethren?

nb

Shadow[_3_] 14-07-2018 07:14 PM

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 08:40:42 -0600, notbob > wrote:

>i've been watching old episodes of Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares
>(USA edition). More than once I've heard him tear into a chef for
>putting "hot" anything into a cold refrigerator. He claims it makes the
>item "sour". True?
>
>I put semi-hot soups into the fridge to cool faster. Letting the
>soup/whatever cool on the range, then putting in fridge, causes hot item
>to spoil sooner, IME.
>
>What say the brethren?

It's pretty obvious if you cool it, biological and chemical
reactions will slow down, so it will take longer to sour.
OTOH you will get lots of nasty condensation in your fridge,
unless you cover the soup or whatever.
This is rather OT here ....
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

notbob 15-07-2018 04:02 PM

On 7/14/2018 12:14 PM, Shadow wrote:

> This is rather OT here ....

Yes, I know. I'm using Thunderbird and I thought I deleted my article,
which I admit to posting in the wrong group. 8|

nb

R. Daneel Olivaw 15-07-2018 05:17 PM

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 09:02:30 -0600, notbob > wrote:

>Yes, I know. I'm using Thunderbird and I thought I deleted my article,
>which I admit to posting in the wrong group

But still interesting to we foodies; where is the thread actually?

---