Old 12-06-2016, 02:06 AM posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Where are folks gathering?

G'day all,
I was just wondering where folks are meeting up since this forum seems
to have become abandoned.

Take care all,
Dusty
--
€œIt had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment
rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and

Old 12-06-2016, 05:57 AM posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 18:06:41 -0700, Dusty wrote:
G'day all,
I was just wondering where folks are meeting up since this forum seems
to have become abandoned.

Take care all,
Dusty

Not abandoned, but the world is very quiet here.

We've all figured out how to bake, and Dick Adams
is no longer around to rile us up.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:19 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 11-Jun-16 21:57, ERSHC wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 18:06:41 -0700, Dusty wrote:
G'day all,
I was just wondering where folks are meeting up since this forum seems
to have become abandoned.

Take care all,
Dusty

Not abandoned, but the world is very quiet here.

We've all figured out how to bake, and Dick Adams
is no longer around to rile us up.

Ah! He's not? Where's he off to these days? Probably to the grand
bakery in the sky. Sadly, too many of the "old-crew" are probably on
that path. Miss them, I do.

Yeah, figured out how to get it baked some time ago. Just enjoy doing
it now. Trying to get the grand-kids interested (with marginal
success). Been carousing some of the FB groups...but found them
spectacularly uninspiring, nor do I recognize most of the names in them.
That's why I guess I was hoping that there was another, better
assembly place.

Oh well. What must be must be...

Take care and be well all,
Dusty
Old 13-06-2016, 03:14 AM posted to rec.food.sourdough

Dick Adams is no longer around to rile us up.

Au contrai

I am still on this planet. (What a shock!) https://www.facebook.com/DickyA29

Carl's starter is still being distributed. www.carlsfriends.net

I like www.facebook.com/groups/breadwhisperer

But I do not compete at that level.

Salutations to all.
Old 13-06-2016, 04:13 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 12-Jun-16 19:14, Dick Adams wrote:
Dick Adams is no longer around to rile us up.

Au contrai

I am still on this planet. (What a shock!) https://www.facebook.com/DickyA29

Carl's starter is still being distributed. www.carlsfriends.net

I like www.facebook.com/groups/breadwhisperer

But I do not compete at that level.

Salutations to all.

Well hello, Dick! Glad to learn that you're still with us... ! Good
to read you again after all these years.

Well, that's one more...now, to find a few of the others. Gonna be one
heck of a job methinks. I too have been frequenting BreadWhisperer.
Just a bit too much fancy, schmancy bread building for my tastes...but
interesting none-the-less.

Take care and be well,
Dusty

gathering apples Wm Watt Preserving 7 22-08-2007 07:35 PM
Fla/Ga Gathering 5-19-06 Big Jim Barbecue 0 20-05-2006 12:28 AM
Fla/Ga gathering Big Jim Barbecue 15 20-05-2006 12:05 AM