Old 27-05-2016, 01:08 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Samartha's Site

http://samartha.net/SD/

It's still there, although he no longer writes, has a lot of
scientific and practical data.
Worth archiving, IMHO, in case the site disappears into Internet
limbo.
FWIW
[]'s

PS Just checked it to see why my bread came out "less sour". I
fermented at 20 Celsius. Favors the yeast over the sour bacillus.
Winter here in Brazil, I usually ferment around 30 Celsius.

http://aem.asm.org/content/64/7/2616.full.pdf
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Old 27-05-2016, 01:25 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 5/27/2016 7:08 AM, Shadow wrote:
http://samartha.net/SD/

It's still there, although he no longer writes, has a lot of
scientific and practical data.
Worth archiving, IMHO, in case the site disappears into Internet
limbo.
FWIW
[]'s

PS Just checked it to see why my bread came out "less sour". I
fermented at 20 Celsius. Favors the yeast over the sour bacillus.
Winter here in Brazil, I usually ferment around 30 Celsius.

http://aem.asm.org/content/64/7/2616.full.pdf

I found that site to be helpful when I first started playing with
sourdough. Thank you for posting the link.
Old 30-05-2016, 12:47 AM posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 27-May-16 05:08, Shadow wrote:
http://samartha.net/SD/

It's still there, although he no longer writes, has a lot of
scientific and practical data.
Worth archiving, IMHO, in case the site disappears into Internet
limbo.
FWIW
[]'s

PS Just checked it to see why my bread came out "less sour". I
fermented at 20 Celsius. Favors the yeast over the sour bacillus.
Winter here in Brazil, I usually ferment around 30 Celsius.

http://aem.asm.org/content/64/7/2616.full.pdf

Thanks for that link, Shadow. Missed that one, I did.

Dusty
--
"Belief is the blissful twilight that those without the courage of true
convictions cling to in order to escape the sometimes harsh

Samartha's rye Jeff Miller Sourdough 0 13-06-2007 12:40 AM
Samartha's rye Mike Avery Sourdough 0 12-06-2007 11:40 PM
Samartha's rye Jeff Miller Sourdough 1 12-06-2007 10:38 PM
Samartha - Using old bread...? Kenneth Sourdough 1 30-10-2003 08:08 AM
Samartha's Web Site Samartha Deva Sourdough 0 21-10-2003 05:02 AM