FoodBanter.com

-   Sourdough (https://www.foodbanter.com/sourdough/)
-   -   Samartha's Site (https://www.foodbanter.com/sourdough/436964-samarthas-site.html)

Shadow[_3_] 27-05-2016 01:08 PM

Samartha's Site

http://samartha.net/SD/

It's still there, although he no longer writes, has a lot of
scientific and practical data.
Worth archiving, IMHO, in case the site disappears into Internet
limbo.
FWIW
[]'s

PS Just checked it to see why my bread came out "less sour". I
fermented at 20 Celsius. Favors the yeast over the sour bacillus.
Winter here in Brazil, I usually ferment around 30 Celsius.

http://aem.asm.org/content/64/7/2616.full.pdf
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

dejamos 27-05-2016 01:25 PM

Samartha's Site

On 5/27/2016 7:08 AM, Shadow wrote:
> http://samartha.net/SD/
>
> It's still there, although he no longer writes, has a lot of
> scientific and practical data.
> Worth archiving, IMHO, in case the site disappears into Internet
> limbo.
> FWIW
> []'s
>
> PS Just checked it to see why my bread came out "less sour". I
> fermented at 20 Celsius. Favors the yeast over the sour bacillus.
> Winter here in Brazil, I usually ferment around 30 Celsius.
>
> http://aem.asm.org/content/64/7/2616.full.pdf

I found that site to be helpful when I first started playing with
sourdough. Thank you for posting the link.

Dusty[_4_] 30-05-2016 12:47 AM

Samartha's Site

On 27-May-16 05:08, Shadow wrote:
> http://samartha.net/SD/
>
> It's still there, although he no longer writes, has a lot of
> scientific and practical data.
> Worth archiving, IMHO, in case the site disappears into Internet
> limbo.
> FWIW
> []'s
>
> PS Just checked it to see why my bread came out "less sour". I
> fermented at 20 Celsius. Favors the yeast over the sour bacillus.
> Winter here in Brazil, I usually ferment around 30 Celsius.
>
> http://aem.asm.org/content/64/7/2616.full.pdf

Thanks for that link, Shadow. Missed that one, I did.

Dusty
--
"Belief is the blissful twilight that those without the courage of true
convictions cling to in order to escape the sometimes harsh