Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Sourdough article in NYT

Posted here in the perhaps vain hope that this group is still on
people's lists.
http://tiny.cc/bfpaay
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 20:47:40 -0600, graham > wrote:

>Posted here in the perhaps vain hope that this group is still on
>people's lists.
>http://tiny.cc/bfpaay

I saw it!
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 24/03/2016 4:32 AM, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 20:47:40 -0600, graham > wrote:
>
>> Posted here in the perhaps vain hope that this group is still on
>> people's lists.
>> http://tiny.cc/bfpaay

> I saw it!

As usual, it is full of folklore rather than hard science.
Graham
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 2016-03-24, graham > wrote:

> As usual, it is full of folklore rather than hard science.

As it should be!

Most ppl don't understand science. It jes bores 'em. That's why
folklore exists. Much more entertaining.

Heck, I tried making my own sourdough starter. Did I succeed? Damned
if I know.

I must have, as it sure stank bad after awhile, so I tossed it. I
started with organic whole grain wheat flour, added water, and fed it
with organic unbleached APF n' water. It got gooey, but I still fed
it. By day 4, it was alive, that I know. But then, what?

Did I not feed it enough? Too much? Another problem, I'm at 8K ft
elevation! All I know, is, it went south. No problem telling it had
turned. Eeeuwww....

nb
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 23-Mar-16 19:47, graham wrote:
> Posted here in the perhaps vain hope that this group is still on
> people's lists.
> http://tiny.cc/bfpaay

An interesting and well written article. Thanks for posting it, Graham.

Dusty
--
"Belief is the blissful twilight that those without the courage of true
convictions cling to in order to escape the sometimes harsh

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 29/03/2016 9:20 AM, Dusty wrote:
> On 23-Mar-16 19:47, graham wrote:
>> Posted here in the perhaps vain hope that this group is still on
>> people's lists.
>> http://tiny.cc/bfpaay

> An interesting and well written article. Thanks for posting it, Graham.
>
> Dusty

You're welcome. It reminded me to feed my starters. I often leave them
for 2 or 3 months between feedings that are then rejuvenations:-)
The rye starter is interesting. I went on a couple of courses offered by
the local tech college that has a well-known culinary faculty. The head
baking instructor gave me some of his 100% rye starter and it's
descended from that. When I rejuvenate it, there is very little activity
from the first 2 feedings but the 3rd is very vigorous.
Graham
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 29-Mar-16 10:52, graham wrote:
> On 29/03/2016 9:20 AM, Dusty wrote:
>> On 23-Mar-16 19:47, graham wrote:
>>> Posted here in the perhaps vain hope that this group is still on
>>> people's lists.
>>> http://tiny.cc/bfpaay

>> An interesting and well written article. Thanks for posting it, Graham.
>>
>> Dusty

> You're welcome. It reminded me to feed my starters. I often leave them
> for 2 or 3 months between feedings that are then rejuvenations:-)
> The rye starter is interesting. I went on a couple of courses offered by
> the local tech college that has a well-known culinary faculty. The head
> baking instructor gave me some of his 100% rye starter and it's
> descended from that. When I rejuvenate it, there is very little activity
> from the first 2 feedings but the 3rd is very vigorous.
> Graham

Wow! I sometimes do "leave" mine...but usually never more than
approaching a week. It always seems to bounce back & continue as if I
loved it all the time.
Tomorrow I'm going to use it in some oatmeal-cranberry cookies. They
usually come out pretty good...but I'll keep y'all posted.

Take care and be well all,
Dusty
--
"Belief is the blissful twilight that those without the courage of true
convictions cling to in order to escape the sometimes harsh
understanding of reality that comes with truth." -- Dusty 2006

Bob Hurt's Sourdough Article Bob Hurt Sourdough 14 08-08-2007 01:11 AM
Good article on BBQ BOB[_8_] Barbecue 2 01-07-2007 11:57 PM
An interesting article Ian Hoare Asian Cooking 0 30-09-2005 09:29 AM
BBQ article Hannan Barbecue 2 19-08-2005 02:15 PM
[Article]: Article and recipes on spiritual diet. Smart Book General Cooking 42 22-03-2004 08:55 PM