Old 30-04-2016, 12:12 AM posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Anybody still reading here?

On 12-Apr-16 18:31, Donald wrote:
Does anyone have an email address for someone who used to post here
with a first name of Igor? He had a great sourdough available on ebay
and I'd like to get another dried starter now that my diabetes turned
out to be drug-induced and I can once again eat bread now that I got
off the medicine cardizem.

I don't plan to eat lots of carbs in my diet now that I had the
diabetes scare just out of a new knowledge of what empty carbs do to
the body over time, but I feel I can now eat some bread at times in my
diet.

BTW, I am aware that I can get the Carl's starter for free. I am
looking for a certain strain, not mnust any sourdough starter strain.

Donald

On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 19:59:12 -0800, Dusty
wrote:

Please accept a most gracious thank you for posting that link, Donald.
I'd forgotten that name completely. Thank you ever so much for
resurrecting it in my mind.
Samartha was indeed one of the old crew...and a good friend to boot.

I remember that name, Donald...but regret that I don't have any more
information about it.
Also, if you need starter, let me know and I'll sub-in some for you from
my old batch. I got it, many years ago (from some folks in Paris as
they threw me out of their bakery !), that I'd promised to NEVER
reveal their name. I just got back from a many weeks road-trip, and
will need a week or two to get it back up to speed.

Dusty
Baking sourdough near Lake Stevens, WA

--
"Belief is the blissful twilight that those without the courage of true
convictions cling to in order to escape the sometimes harsh

Old 29-05-2016, 05:35 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

wrote:

[...]

sodo lives!

Has someone been reading RFC? sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 20-06-2013 08:59 PM
Wine Reading Casey Miller Wine 1 15-11-2010 04:11 PM
Fascinating reading James Silverton[_2_] General Cooking 22 07-08-2009 02:14 PM
help reading japanese on tea cup cha bing Tea 5 17-12-2007 12:38 AM
Reading SG from must R-D-C Winemaking 0 23-10-2004 10:51 PM