Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Corn flour

I have an unused 10# bag of organic stone-ground corn I bought from a
miller, any suggestions on a luscious bread recipe to use this in?

Maj6th
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

In article >,
Mr Maj6th > wrote:

> I have an unused 10# bag of organic stone-ground corn I bought from a
> miller, any suggestions on a luscious bread recipe to use this in?
>
> Maj6th

Sprinkle in on a pizza stone when making pizza.

--

Sam

Liberals are for Darwinism but totally against any selection.
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 12:52:18 -0800, Salmon Egg
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Mr Maj6th > wrote:
>
>> I have an unused 10# bag of organic stone-ground corn I bought from a
>> miller, any suggestions on a luscious bread recipe to use this in?
>>
>> Maj6th

>Sprinkle in on a pizza stone when making pizza.

That would be corn meal, I have corn flour. I am looking for a
recipe; such as Costa Rican Empanadas.

Maj6th
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

"Mr Maj6th" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 12:52:18 -0800, Salmon Egg
> > wrote:
>
>>In article >,
>> Mr Maj6th > wrote:
>>
>>> I have an unused 10# bag of organic stone-ground corn I bought from a
>>> miller, any suggestions on a luscious bread recipe to use this in?
>>>
>>> Maj6th

>>Sprinkle in on a pizza stone when making pizza.

> That would be corn meal, I have corn flour. I am looking for a
> recipe; such as Costa Rican Empanadas.
>
> Maj6th

Google Portuguese bread/cornbread.

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 16:53:49 -0700, "graham" > wrote:

>"Mr Maj6th" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 12:52:18 -0800, Salmon Egg
>> > wrote:

>>>Sprinkle in on a pizza stone when making pizza.

>> That would be corn meal, I have corn flour. I am looking for a
>> recipe; such as Costa Rican Empanadas.
>>
>> Maj6th
>>

>Google Portuguese bread/cornbread.

Thanks, it's in the oven now. I will let you know what I think!

Maj6th

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 16:53:49 -0700, "graham" > wrote:

>"Mr Maj6th" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 12:52:18 -0800, Salmon Egg
>> > wrote:

>>>Sprinkle in on a pizza stone when making pizza.

>> That would be corn meal, I have corn flour. I am looking for a
>> recipe; such as Costa Rican Empanadas.
>>
>> Maj6th
>>

>Google Portuguese bread/cornbread.

http://www.barefootkitchenwitch.com/...orn-bread.html
I made this last night, it is ok but didn't knock my socks off;
probably won't make it again.

I would suggest a lower temperature, 475 seemed to be too hot. I
don't understand the function of the cornstarch, I have never ran into
that before, but at least I found a way to use my corn flour. I will
definitely try other Broa recipes; Thanks for the link.

Maj6th
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

"Mr Maj6th" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 16:53:49 -0700, "graham" > wrote:
>

>>"Mr Maj6th" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 12:52:18 -0800, Salmon Egg

>>> That would be corn meal, I have corn flour. I am looking for a
>>> recipe; such as Costa Rican Empanadas.
>>>
>>> Maj6th
>>>

>>Google Portuguese bread/cornbread.
>>

> http://www.barefootkitchenwitch.com/...orn-bread.html
> I made this last night, it is ok but didn't knock my socks off;
> probably won't make it again.
>
> I would suggest a lower temperature, 475 seemed to be too hot. I
> don't understand the function of the cornstarch, I have never ran into
> that before, but at least I found a way to use my corn flour. I will
> definitely try other Broa recipes; Thanks for the link.
>
> Maj6th

Try this one:
http://artisanbreadbaking.com/bread/portuguese_corn/

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 13:00:17 -0700, "graham" > wrote:

>"Mr Maj6th" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>Google Portuguese bread/cornbread.
>>>

>> http://www.barefootkitchenwitch.com/...orn-bread.html
>> I made this last night, it is ok but didn't knock my socks off;
>> probably won't make it again.
>>
>> I would suggest a lower temperature, 475 seemed to be too hot. I
>> don't understand the function of the cornstarch, I have never ran into
>> that before, but at least I found a way to use my corn flour. I will
>> definitely try other Broa recipes; Thanks for the link.
>>
>> Maj6th
>>

>Try this one:
>http://artisanbreadbaking.com/bread/portuguese_corn/

Thanks but although I like the taste of corn I don't like the texture
of cornmeal; it is to coarse for my palette. It probably comes of
living in the south for four years and getting grits with every meal.

I did find a Costa Rican empanada that uses primarily corn flour.

Thanks

Maj6th